Architect of Charlottesville receives preliminary approval for a "white civil rights rally" in DC

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/06/21/goosesteppers-on-the-mall.html

6 Likes

This won’t end well. Perhaps the DC police can set them up with a nice “free speech zone” type protest cage. You know, for their own protection…

26 Likes

Nazi KKKlanners are in for a bit of a surprise when they come to DC.

15 Likes

This should give ⊥rump a chance to shake hands and rub shoulders with many of the “fine people” who will attend this rally.

19 Likes

Drown them in counter-protesters (this would be a good excuse for a big anti-Trump rally, too). Send them crying home to their mommies (or waifu body pillows).

11 Likes

How are white civil rights delineated from normal civil rights?

8 Likes

9 Likes

I hope it’s hot AF that day and lots of lightning.

8 Likes

I think it’s just weird to see it written out that way. It’s usually pronounced as structural racism (strək-chə-rəl rā-ˌsi-zəm).

English, go figure.

23 Likes

Oh. Oh my. A whole – heh – four-hundred attendees. In Washington.
Oh dear. They’re going to feel very… small. Heh. Aheh. Excuse me, something in my throat.

11 Likes

Otaku culture and body pillows have nothing to do with white supremacy mmmk?

Someone needs to explain to these imbecilic fuck sticks that the phrase civil rights applies to everyone equally and includes within it white people.

And that anytime you specifically put white in front of something else as a concept you aren’t describing your concept if you’re white you’re describing something along the lines of white supremacy version.

Amazing how so many people don’t understand this meaning I thought it would be really obvious but apparently it’s not

10 Likes

They do have a lot to do with the alt-right manosphere, unfortunately, and there is significant overlap with the white supremacists. Those jerks ruin everything, and Otaku culture deserves better.

As for the body pillows, click the links from this search result at your own risk:

https://www.google.com/search?q=incel+body+pillow

10 Likes

I did nazi that coming.

I was on 4chan around the time it started but I had no idea it had devolved to this level although that doesn’t surprise me.

Haven’t been on there in over a decade and somehow now anime is being co-opted by right-wing fuck wads. The world is a weird place indeed.

Very familiar with otaku culture because of my degree but I have no body pillows and that’s not my thing just for the record I think it’s pretty creepy

4 Likes

I will be there in my pussy hat, and I’m betting there will be way more than 400 of us!

11 Likes

3 Likes

It hit my radar when this proto-alt-right Gamergater nonsense began:

6 Likes

White civil rights is to civil rights what “religious freedom” means for Conservatives to actual religious freedom, i.e. a twisted reversal of the concept.

The same way they think religious freedom means they’re free to discriminate and persecute, they think white civil rights means they’re allowed to enforce their privilege to the detriment of others’ rights.

10 Likes

Less important side note, but can we PLEASE stop using the word “Architect” in such a manner and especially when connected to such appalling things?

Sincerely,
the Architecture Community

14 Likes

Maybe something more like Reichitect?

9 Likes