Right-wing rally today in D.C. has everyone on edge

Originally published at: Right-wing rally today in D.C. has everyone on edge | Boing Boing

10 Likes

Lock ’em up.

11 Likes

Meanwhile, “White Lives Matter” is advertising global demonstrations for September 18 and has been supportive of the January 6 insurrectionists online, but it does not have a DC chapter.

Oh, this is why we have a SIAN demonstration in town today!

9 Likes

Super spreader event, for the evil, please pack yourselves nice & tight together & shun the mask, Covid will take it from there.

19 Likes

I’m eating the popcorn.

They will actually have real security today, and so they will yell and cuss and wave their flags, but they aren’t going to jump because this time the cops are ready and want pay back. It would be like DNC riots of 1968.

3 Likes

…others online have discouraged attendance and warned it might be a false flag operation designed to trap supporters

Their own paranoia and disconnect from reality is what will ultimate doom their desires. I take small comfort in that given how much damage they could still do as they thrash and flail around our nation.

24 Likes

I’m imagining the scene towards the end of Fifel Goes West, where the mice are unknowingly sitting in a giant mouse trap for the big rally / parade.

I would die laughing if today’s rally was cordoned off to look like a giant basket when seen from the sky, filled with deplorables. OK, maybe not die laughing, but seriously twinge something at the very least.

8 Likes

Yeah right. I have no doubt that a huge percentage of the cops there sympathize with these chuckleheads.

22 Likes

Find me just the right pair of drone videos, and I will happily burn at least a day and a half creating that for you instead of doing what I ought.

11 Likes

The problem with that scenario is, on their way to the big rally in the sky they pack the hospitals causing harm to a lot of innocent people.

12 Likes

You’re probably right some of them are (and some have been called out as helping the rioters.) But I think the tribalism for most of them to protect their own is deeper than their support for the right wing Trumpists.

But I don’t think we will see this theory tested. I think they will rant and wave flags and go home. :confused:

3 Likes

Likely attendees also saw what happened to the January 6 rioters, how they were largely identified and prosecuted.

This is called Learning.

It’s a start.

14 Likes

Yeah same thing happened this time as the proposed rally in March. The chatter on social media is that any funny business will get you shot, and apparently the cause is not worth dying for.

7 Likes

At least one Proud Boys leader has encouraged followers from across the country to show up.

Please say it’s Tarrio, the Proud Boy who got flipped by the authorities. It would take a very “special” fascist to take his advice and come to DC today.

8 Likes

Sounds like a dare, and these folks love a dare.

5 Likes

That right there is where I place a lot of hope that we’re not in for another civil war. In that sense, this “cause” isn’t like the glorious old Southern one.

12 Likes

Why do they always have to go and appropriate music from fairly decent bands? Come on guys, if you’re gonna have a fascist event, play music from some nutjob fascists. I dunno, Kid Rock? Some Ted Nugent maybe?

Just please leave Rush alone.

21 Likes

photo gallery:

The rally itself broke up as scheduled at about 1:15 p.m., with few incidents. United States Capital Police said there have been four arrests made near the demonstration.

8 Likes

Annnd every single face is in a database now.

Not just from DCs event but all the others today.

:eye:

11 Likes

Or “well enough alone” works too.

10 Likes