Charlottesville: Brave Students Protest Nazi Rally

Why do they fly so many flags symbolic of armies and movements symbolically put down by the American flag?

2 Likes

Fashion tip for 2017: Polo shirts are the new brownshirts.

14 Likes

Yes, white ones, of course.

7 Likes

According to the alt-right, Nazis are supposed to be lefties. (And therefore the lefties are the real Nazis.)

Soooā€¦ Why were the alt-right chanting a Nazi slogan?

10 Likes

Thatā€™s a lot of khaki clad dad bod

4 Likes

Well damn!

3 Likes

They could use number of popped collars to denote rank.

11 Likes

I know you mean well and youā€™re justifiably angry. But can we please not adopt the rhetoric of the people weā€™re fighting? It only strengthens them. Our principles are what makes us better than them. Lets fight hate with ridicule of the haters and love of those they hate. Letā€™s not fight hate with hate.

8 Likes

Indeed, because it doesnā€™t work. Hatred only begets more hatred.

10 Likes

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/08/12/542982015/home-to-university-of-virginia-prepares-for-violence-at-white-nationalist-rally

7 Likes

I agree. Lets fight hate with laughter. Hate hates laughter.

4 Likes

So now the alt-right has adopted ISIS tactics to go with the Nazi flags? Fan fucking tastic.

7 Likes
4 Likes

I need a shower

You think trumpā€™s base is getting a little miffed?

7 Likes

ā€œDavid Duke?? You mean that guy who used to play for the Knicks? Or wait, the Yankees? Right, short stop. Great player. Maybe the all-time best. Truly.ā€

3 Likes

Well okay sure our fearless leader will say something about thisā€¦ any minute/day/hour now.
Well 'Murrica it was good run but you are really making it hard for me to hope we will get out of this mess easily.

3 Likes

Understood. But I donā€™t think itā€™s rational to think they can be merely laughed at or ridiculed and theyā€™ll go away. They need to be identified and physically removed from the premises. This isnā€™t code for killing people. Incarceration, civil suits, cut off airtime, & Iā€™d even go so far as to say ddos their sites and hack them so they canā€™t get their message out and grow their numbers. IOW, cut them off at the knees. Thatā€™s not their language. Itā€™s war because this isnā€™t something that we can nice away.

10 Likes

Actually I think he will say something against ā€œthe violence,ā€ but only briefly, and in the broadest, blandest terms.

10 Likes

Local NPR just mispronounced it as a White House Nationalist Rally. It was clearly a mistake, a very apt one.

9 Likes

He tweeted per the NPR link but jeebus when Paul Ryan gives a better tweet in responseā€¦ fuck. I think I need to stay away from the news today or I will just stomp about shouting motherfucker all the time.

ETA and the Trump tweet definitely looks like it was a handler.

9 Likes