Armed folks intimidating voters near drop boxes in Arizona (and nobody has been arrested)

Bullshit. It means that what you’re doing might have consequences.

A lot of BLM protesters over the past few years have worn masks to keep from authority over-reach. Many of the revolutionaries during Arab Spring wore masks. In many cases it’s not just for themselves, but because authoritarian regimes don’t stop with you, they go after your family.

Lately, “authoritarian regimes” include a lot of jurisdictions inside the USA.

12 Likes

Do you want a Heat-style shootout? Because that’s how you get a Heat-style shootout.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t encourage anyone to actually do this because I don’t want to see anyone get shot. But it’d be interesting to know just how different the response would be if some concerned had instead claimed the assailant was a POC or “said he was from antifa and just watching to make sure the other guy didn’t harass anyone”

“…referred to the armed individuals as “vigilantes,” and warned that “voter intimidation” is illegal”, but they’re white, so we’ll allow it.

4 Likes

“There’s a group of people hanging out by the ballot dropbox filming and photographing my wife and I as we approached the dropbox and accusing us of being a mule,”
Were anyone to ask if I was a “mule”, I would reply, “No, but you are definitely a jackass.”

8 Likes

We know the answer to that question - they’d be dead, shot by the police.

7 Likes

It just struck me how absolutely insane it is that we can’t wear political t-shirts or hats within x feet of a polling place, but it’s fine to show up with guns, wearing masks and tactical gear.
SMDH.

15 Likes

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

8 Likes

Supertelephoto lenses are designed for this purpose-- and cell phone cameras can only dream of being useful.

1 Like

I know, right?

This is not my America. What Donald John Trump and his “Big Lie” repeated over and over again even though negligible voter fraud has been found and what has been found was committed by people who identify as Republicans, the party of Trump should be treated as sedition.

Sedition is overt conduct, such as speech and organization, that tends toward rebellion against the established order.

What we have in Arizona is an armed and unarmed organization seeking to deny lawful voting through intimidation tactics. Can anyone explain to me how this intimidating behavior is not seditious? There’s your crime right there.

Arizona Revised Statutes §26-1094  Mutiny or sedition :: Title 26 - Military Affairs and Emergency Management :: 2005 Arizona Revised Statutes :: Arizona Revised Statutes :: US Codes and Statutes :: US Law :: Justia.

2 Likes
4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.