Artificial tongue's nanoscale "tastebuds" can sort real whisky from counterfeits more than 99% of the time

i can’t seem to use it.

2 Likes
1 Like

This word, it has secrets.

3 Likes

There are a number of ways to get around mo𝔦st censorship.

5 Likes

try using sultry instead of ■■■■■.

1 Like

Scotch is pretty distinctive. Lagavulin does not taste like Glenfiddich or like Auchentoshan, not even close.

3 Likes

“I have a reusable bimetallic nanoplasmonic tongue.” Gotta use that on Tinder

2 Likes

The word would be: M O I S T

1 Like

So the robots don’t just want to take our jobs, they want to drink our whisky for us? That’s just cruel.

2 Likes

No one stumbled about the last word? Maybe it’s just for SEO so war-tech can find them easier to offer future funding.

To you maybe. But in this study, the majority of subjects had difficulty telling scotch from brandy in a blind test.

The artificial tongue does better than my real one, which is unable to discern whiskey from a noxious fluid I’m uninterested in drinking.

2 Likes

You mean literally 3 out of 4? Seems a bit like the citation is satire.

Participants—4 volunteers aged 50-68

They couldn’t get more than 4 people as test subjects to drink free whiskey and brandy? :thinking:

Mоist is the classy version of wet.

1 Like

Well, yes, it’s more of a drunken anecdote than a serious study. But it does illustrate that drinks that might appear ‘completely different’ to a scotch enthusiast would not necessarily seem so to a casual drinker.

1 Like

They designed it too much like the real thing

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.