Impersonation of a distillery tour in Scotland

Originally published at: Impersonation of a distillery tour in Scotland | Boing Boing

16 Likes

“Our whisky is noted for its peaty flavors, which is another way of saying it tastes like mud.”

Ooh, she’d better be careful. This is the kind of unspoken truth that’ll get ye run out of Auchtenmuir.

Also: “Craig” :joy: I can’t count the number of Craigs I’ve met in the Scots Whisky industry.

10 Likes

So anything for export to the States is “pish”?

What have I been drinking?

8 Likes

Good work. She even has an expression that seems to indicate the guide’s brain is sweating.

13 Likes

i believe the accented indications were that anything “Scotch” Whisk(e)y is made in America and therefore “is pish”. (continuing the general leitmotif that all things states-ian is crap [shrug] at least it ain’t Irn-Bru, that …stuff is nasty)

Impressive characterization by this wee-lassie all around. Reminds me of several Scottish scientists i’ve known.

6 Likes

She’s got a whole series of “bored Scottish tour guide” videos, which are things of beauty. I’m not even sure this is her best one.

11 Likes

My favorite is her “Edinburgh Ghost Tour Guide.”

26 Likes

Not legally it ain’t. For anything to be labeled “Scotch” it still has to be made in Scotland, whether it’s eventually sold in the US or anywhere else. She would know this (or should), so the implication is they export the lesser quality stuff.

It’s still better than most bourbon (which also has a strict legal definition to be sold as bourbon.)

8 Likes

Unless you have a hangover, in which case it’s a godsend.

10 Likes

higher ABV versions of the same drink. higher alcohol content allows for more flavor… and since i’m not a fan of scotch, it’s more crap. so yeah, i suppose Craig is correct.

2 Likes

“Scotch” is American because it’s just called “Whisky” in Scotland. “Scotch” means it’s made for export and there are often times differences in ABV.

8 Likes

I love scotch, and would love to take a whisky distillery tour some day in Scotland. Please, god, if you are real, let this be my tour guide!

5 Likes

That was a great video. I’ve been to the Highland Park distillery in Orkney. I didn’t do the tour. What’s the point? The reception lets you do a taste anyway, and they’re very sympathetic and encouraging. £75 a bottle? That’ll be the cheap presentation bottle. They had some in Highland Park for thousands of pounds. Fine - I’ll just have the regular stuff, but.

5 Likes

Tour guide Craig is definitely worthy of a 5-star rating. Wee-lassie-Craig, I mean, not all those other tour guides also named Craig.

2 Likes

I’ll drink to that. Cheers!

2 Likes

Cheery disposition, only less so.

3 Likes

bite your tongue

3 Likes

Does that improve the taste?

9 Likes

Dispirited delivery on the spirits.

2 Likes

Your incorrect opinion has been duly noted, and will be held on file in case you attempt to obtain a tourist visa in future.

11 Likes