As long as we don’t call it "Legalization," Biden is in favor of it

That’s a great point.

It’s a valid issue, but I have to say in this particular election, I am not sure any issue is worth dividing people that might be on the edge of voting for Biden. Avoiding four more years of a no-holds-barred, lame duck Trump is a matter of survival.

Every morally backward, holier-than-thou, fuddyduddy vote we can steal from Trump is a bit closer to the end of this nightmare. I hope they stay focused on his awfulness, and not worry about their visions of hepcat Biden ushering in reefer madness. We can’t win the election without turning at least some of them.

What Trump has been is nothing compared to what he will be when he has no re-election to worry about. He will be functioning with No Fear. We can get back to the 21st century when we have snatched it from the jaws of the 15th.

2 Likes

How does “Re-legalization” suit him ?

So, this is a legal argument I’ve been wondering about for some time.

It is legal to bring a personal supply of a medication across the border into the US, even if that medication is not approved for use in the US. I keep wondering how feasible it would be to cite this provision if you say, lived in a state with medical marijuana, had the appropriate diagnosis and prescription, and brought a 30 day supply over state lines.

Mind you, I was wondering about this before the world was on fire. Now is not a time I’d be interested in drawing the attention of the authorities.

“Obama, Holder, Biden, Shalala, Clinton, Feinstein and Schumer”

yes, true paragons of “the Left”

rolls eyes

2 Likes

So… what you’re saying is that he cares about the results enough to not want to use labels that would turn people off? That it’s somehow off-putting that he would rather call it something less loaded, less tarred by old battles? And that the six points listed are actually a pretty huge step forward?

That looks like a seasoned politician to me. Someone who won’t let purity get in the way of getting results. Something I heartily support, to be honest.

Now to see how Denmark’s decriminalisation of addiction and treating it as a medical issue plays out.

2 Likes

Tried CBD. It’s expensive and it didn’t do anything for my arthritis. Oh, well.

1 Like

I’d have to live in a state where medicinal and / or recreational marijuana are legal. Currently, I don’t.

2 Likes

Note that the relevant international treaty on drugs includes marijuana on the list of substances that can’t be legalized by signatories. That’s why various countries/politicians use the term decriminalization. It’s the loophole that allows for regulation of the trade without punishing users. You want Biden (and others) to fully legalize marijuana you’d need to get other signatories on board to reclassify it.

2 Likes

That’s easy. Stop exerting diplomatic pressure on them not to reclassify it. The US has a long history of policy laundering. If you can’t get something enacted domestically, pressure an ally or three to require it in a treaty, and then come back and whine that our hands are tied. They’re tied because we held them out and bullied someone into tying them.

2 Likes

I live in Michigan and dispensaries are expensive. I can get cannabis from a dealer for nearly half the price of a dispensary.

The delivery services are quite reasonable, though.

1 Like

Great now even the Sponsored Posts are shitting on Biden?

For being the very first ever major party candidate to support legalization even if “by another name?”

Also, check the lies please, he did not invent the term ‘drug czar’, Nixon had a drug czar ffs.

3 Likes

This is incredibly good news! Why the negative spin, BB? If an uninformed voter only read the headline, they’d never know that Biden was pro-legalization!

4 Likes

Paranoia isn’t a rare side-effect of marijuana consumption, but is also by no means universal, nor necessarily debilitating. Notably, it’s heavily influenced by specific traits of given strains =).

@slotek Because words matter. And Biden has a real problem, admitting some old, crusty positions are absolute bullshit (“The Third Way”, for example ^^’).

2 Likes

I checked the prices at the dispensary nearest me, apparently YMMV.

1 Like

Agreed. Here in WA, there are some quite expensive shops, but I bought an ounce (28.5g) of pretty damn nice smoke for $155. It wasn’t the nearly cheapest, just a good deal for the quality.

You CAN spend $250-300/oz. for some pretty astonishingly strong stuff (way more than 30% THCA o.o’), if you really wanna? But you’re gonna have a hard time as a dealer, pushin’ $5.44 grams of the cheap-but-good stuff xD. The black market here is only really nice butter (go figure) and the dirtiest ditch weed imaginable, pretty much.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.