Ashley Madison commits copyfraud in desperate bid to suppress news of its titanic leak

Is that in any leaks? I don’t want to know who fucks who, but I do want to hear how these dating sites fuck their customers.

Seems a particularly strained analogy, but nobody “deserves” to be bombed over this.

1 Like

My friend works in server support. IT nerd shit. Nothing to do with the business decisions. But their building has had bomb threats. That’s insane.

1 Like

Yeah, you’re right. While I still think the site deserves whatever it gets for it’s repulsive ads and its gleeful encouraging of cheating, there’s a lot of potential harm to people who’s only crime was being naive enough to think their personal information was secure (or deleted), and that’s definitely a bad thing. All in all, I wish it hadn’t happened.

2 Likes

Employees didn’t have to dog-food the product, did they?

Is this what prompted the new leak today, which included 12gb of the CEO’s emails?

Because holy shit man. That escalated quickly.

1 Like

IIRC, the company’s only recourse in trade secret cases is against whoever initially “stole” it. Once it’s out, it’s out. If a McDonald’s employee reveals the recipe for Special Sauce, that employee might be subject to serious sanctions, but you and I can use the recipe all we want without repercussions.

It’s basically just Russian dressing.

Isn’t that what Tinder is for ?

1 Like

If by that you mean created fake accounts, I’m sure.

I think it was an analysis of the account details, if not on BB maybe slashdot?

Ah, but there was the “affair in 3 months or your money back!” guarantee. Gotta test everything!

Yick.

I don’t think that was based on hard fact, unless they’ve been updated post leak.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.