"Ass" is the most complicated word in the English language

Hmmm… came to the comments for a bunch of dad jokes that include the word ‘ass’ but you guys really let me down on this one. Come on, you can do better.

1 Like

:slight_smile: Probably yeah. But what are they anagrams of, other than (trivially) themselves?

1 Like

:thinking:

:frowning:

You, good sir, have bested me.

You, Sir, have an interesting life.

A friend of mine brought “Cognac” from Moldova, and one from Transnitria, both on occasion of 20 years Russian presence there. Bottles themed differently in visual style. Taste, and effect, virtually the same.

There is a Finnish word describing the state I was in. Thanks to the internet, you would know about it, I assume…

1 Like

This is great. Finns have a reputation for being very reserved or unemotional, but this guy must be a real hoot to hang out with.

Actually, “set” is the most complicated word in English.

2 Likes
7 Likes

Using inflection to express shock, surprise, satisfaction, elation, skepticism, etc…

Thanks. I will try to find a reasonable occasion to use this sentence in a conversation.

“Yabai” or variations cover most of “dude”

HA! that was the conversation that day. The difference between palindromes and anagrams.

Dogberry:

Dost thou not suspect my place? dost thou not
suspect my years? O that he were here to write me
down an ass! But, masters, remember that I am an
ass; though it be not written down, yet forget not
that I am an ass. No, thou villain, thou art full of
piety, as shall be proved upon thee by good witness.
I am a wise fellow, and, which is more, an officer,
and, which is more, a householder, and, which is
more, as pretty a piece of flesh as any is in
Messina, and one that knows the law, go to; and a
rich fellow enough, go to; and a fellow that hath
had losses, and one that hath two gowns and every
thing handsome about him. Bring him away. O that
I had been writ down an ass!

And don’t get me started on (ahem) Bottom.

2 Likes

This guy reminds me quite a lot of this gem:

I heard this for the first time a really long time ago, maybe I even downloaded it from Napster. Upon hearing it again now, this is George Carlin right?

I am nearly certain Dude Where’s My Car has a scene where they have a little conversation by saying only dude at each other in different intonations, can’t find it though…

2 Likes

Steve Leyland says the credits but I dunno. It isn’t Carlin and it sounds more like it could be Ken Nordine to me.
ETA and upon listening just now not sure it is Ken Nordine either but it is his style of delivery.

ETAMore… Daws Butler? Thurl Ravenscroft?

That video contained some incompitant centences - i.e. the fucking fucker’s fucking fucked the fucking fucker and now the fucking fucker’s fucking fucked

without context it means either
“the very disreputable person has greatly harmed another very disreputable person and now the second very disreputable person is very unable to recover”
or
“… now the first very disreputable person will be very much harmed in retaliation”

but if it were said in any real context it should be fucking obvious :^)

1 Like

Did you hear the one about the two bald-headed guys who put their heads together and made an ass of themselves?

4 Likes

The original context was something like:
“the blasted apprentice has jolly well broken the darned part and now the whole darned thing is jolly well broken”

1 Like

Thanks! That was fant-ass-tic! Any more anyone?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.