Assange weasels out of pledge to surrender if Manning received clemency

If he’s ever charged, the rape charge would probably be hard to get a conviction. The lesser charges, which might have had a chance, have timed-out.

1 Like

Then why is he still hiding from Sweden?

Why is Sweden playing games over interviewing him at the Ecuadorian Embassy?

Maybe they believe that just because someone is an asshole doesn’t mean they don’t have to follow the letter of the law?

Why should they play his bullshit games when the Brits are happy to hand him over if he ever sets a foot outside the embassy? It isn’t like they’re paying to house him.

I mean, seriously, if I fled to another country to avoid charges and then set terms, in hiding, on when I’d be willing to answer questions about possible charges, would you expect any government to go “Sure, that sounds great!”?

Avoid what charges?

Sweden has flipped back and forth many times about interviewing him Ecuadorian Embassy.

He can’t be charged with the sexual molestation cases until he is formally questioned.

We both know you know this so why troll the question? I answered in good faith.

Assange is a piece of shit and shouldn’t get special consideration just because he fled the country. If Sweden wants to demand that he return to Sweden to be questioned, they can and should. British courts agreed, which is why he’s been hiding out for years.

3 Likes

Of course, that’s probably after he serves some time in a UK jail for skipping bail, as well as dodging some very irate people who put the bond up in the first place…

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.