Astrophysicist trying to invent coronavirus gadget is hospitalized for getting magnets stuck up his nose

LOW EGGBOROUGH (n.)
A quiet little unregarded man in glasses who is building a new kind of atomic bomb in his garden shed.

(Adams, Lloyd The Meaning of Liff)

7 Likes

original-4597240-2

3 Likes

We appreciate his trying and we have been working away “at home” too. Vibe-Me, a (Patent Pending) device with 1 neckband and 2 vibrating wristbands. What we have done: we use a transmitter in the neckband and the wristbands have proximity sensors. We aren’t re-inventing the wheel, but using old tech to make new tech. :blush::upside_down_face: Check out our Indiegogo Campaign coming up in early April; sizes in kids, youth and adult. Follow us and support our new device.

Or go with the traditional method.

5 Likes

The last one fell down the back of his throat, and it woulda really sucked had he swallowed it. He coughed it out.

His partner took him to the hospital where she works, so her colleagues could laugh at him :smiley:

Astrophysicist gets magnets stuck up nose while inventing coronavirus device | Australia news | The Guardian

4 Likes

There was this girl a few years back who used two magnets to simulate a lip piercing, then swallowed them and had to get them surgically removed because they stuck together through the walls of her bowels.

6 Likes

Astroboffin gets magnets stuck up his schnozz trying and failing to invent anti-face-touching coronavirus gizmo

2 Likes

I have a strong magnet which has actually proven quite useful for moving metallic objects around inside containers, where I can’t reach inside. It would be handy for pulling cables through walls, and such.

1 Like

Best cheap/free source for magnets is old stereo speakers. Second source is the reliable telescoping magnet, which can be purchased with or without lights and used in the garage, or in the kitchen for pulling sterilized Mason lids out of hot water. I can’t believe that the astrophysicist didn’t have one of those handy gadgets, available at any auto parts store.

“I’d suggest using some lubricant, but I have a feeling you fell on that as well.”

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.