You can pay $1000 to block annoying noise, filter out bad air, and look silly wearing Dyson's new gadget

Originally published at: You can pay $1000 to block annoying noise, filter out bad air, and look silly wearing Dyson's new gadget | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Add some VR goggles and you’ve got… something.

15 Likes

I hate Dyson with a passion but I have to admit that seeing this on the street with some regularity would make me glad that the cyberpunk future we already live in is slowly gaining the aesthetics in addition to the dystopia.

24 Likes

maybe a hazmat-style respirator is a better comparison point than noise cancelling headphones

oh wait, Dyson says these aren’t for covid protection… … …

9 Likes

Exactly. The point of comparison is a respirator like this

7 Likes

Now including steampunk edition:

23 Likes

Needs a skin:

PlutoPod

10 Likes

38 Likes

I simultaneously think this is a silly combination of things, and also REALLY WANT THIS TO BECOME WILDLY POPULAR because I want wearing cool, anime-looking helmets to become du riguer.

Just needs some sort of HUD and and a little help from Knight Industries.

21 Likes

Can’t wait to see people using these in first class.

6 Likes

Who doesn’t want to be Ant-Man?

9 Likes

I came here with the same thought. Daft Punk cosplay kits are getting pricy! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Samus is a woman?

11 Likes

Always has been. :slight_smile:

12 Likes

I feel like there should be a slot for something silly like an air-freshener cartridge.

essential oil reservoir? edit: 5g/wifi blocking?

7 Likes

Add some of these cool Japanese exoskeleton legs too?

Or add the full suit?

11 Likes

These aren’t just “not for COVID protection” – they are full-on COVID spreaders. They can’t protect you from any viruses already airborn but they will do a very good job spreading any viruses that you have to everybody around you!

14 Likes

Why not go full Iron Man?

8 Likes

Dude, you never go full Iron Man!

11 Likes

My wife was looking to purchase a new hairdryer a couple years ago and stumbled upon the $400+ Dyson Supersonic. I then found my favorite product reviewer. He normally reviews power tools.

the guy is hilarious.
he says pretty early on that Dyson was a great salesman not a great engineer.

14 Likes