At least 376 Russian cadets got infected with the coronavirus during parade practice

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/05/11/at-least-376-russian-cadets-go.html

4 Likes

and at least 245 cadets were infected with accidentally kicking each other in the ass.

3 Likes

I suspect Russia will join Iran and China and Turkmenistan on the “We’ll Never Really Know Their Total Covid Cases” list once medical historians study these crazy times. Very World War Z-ish (the novel).

8 Likes

New COVID-19 symptom: funny walks

8 Likes

Not bad.

But I bet Trump can beat it.

I put the over/under at 400 West Point cadets.

8 Likes

Turns out it was not the close order marching that did it. It was in the bucket that the cadets shared with which they ceremonially washed Putin’s feet.

3 Likes

I’m trying to think… who still goes to these elite acadmies?

Is it Ivan Averageitch? The regular kid who worked hard in school, had a knack for close-order drill, and a taste for military discipline?

Or are these the second sons of the oligarchs? How many oligarch spawn can you kill before you get in trouble?

1 Like

In oligarchical Russia, virus infects you!

Oh, wait, that’s only missing an article. Adapted Soviet joke fail. :frowning:

1 Like

Not sure about Russia, but in Poland it’s mostly hard working kids, frequently from rural regions. Cousin went to military academy and served in Afghanistan after that. For him it was that or going to Catholic theological seminary and becoming a priest.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.