At least 500 million Yahoo accounts hacked in 2014, "state-sponsored actor" blamed

Government play watches you.

2 Likes

eeyaHOOOOOOO-ooooooo!

1 Like

You say that but i think of all the online services yahoo is probably the one you most want to have 2-factor authentication for. I mean they’re telling this now?! Two fucking years after the fact. But i’m also saying that so as to justify the fact they have my number.

Oh, it’s not for two-factor authentication (at least as I interpret the blurb that comes up every time). It’s “in case you forget your password and your username and all your security questions, you can just get a text!”

IDGAF if Russia wants to use my junk Yahoo account that I use to buy |-|erb@l /|@gr@, shitpost on reddit, and impersonate 19-year-old bi-curious NYU coeds in sex-chatrooms from.* I do GAF if some griefer figures out who it is that does all that stuff because I attached my phone number to it.

* just kidding! It’s actually herbal ¢i@|_i$.

1 Like

Yeah, i grok the concern and it feels like you’re damned if you do and damned if you don’t but then i justified it to myself by reasoning that i wanted to protect myself from yahoo’s utter incompetence because this was inevitable. I don’t want a griefer spoofing my account and doing all that shit pretending it’s me.

Sure it wasn’t a Hollywood-sponsored actor? I hear they have Visual Basic GUIs to hack with now! And they can type together on the same keyboard!

6 Likes

I’m a little worried about my Yahoo account. I think I can get back into it as soon as I get Netscape Navigator working. Ping me @ WannabeSpiceGuy69.

2 Likes

So all those times in the past when Yahoo accounts were hacked, those were what? city sponsored actors? Or is it possible their security still has problems?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.