At the Replay Museum in Florida you can play more than 120 classic arcade games and pinball machines

Originally published at: Replay Museum has 120+ retro games

6 Likes

anyone know any arcades that still have the original star wars arcade game? You just can’t replicate that vector look of that machine with an emulator. Several years ago they had it at Barcade in Brooklyn NY. but it went away and I havent seen it anywhere since. (not that ive looked very hard)

4 Likes

The Arcade 1Up looks awful tempting to me.

4 Likes

Totally! Again, it’s still emulation and its not quite the same as seeing the vector graphics on a CRT, but if i had lots of spare money and a place to put it, I’d totally want that. The cabinet looks beautiful and it plays a few different star wars games!

1 Like

The Replay Amusement Museum?

Were you looking for something closer?

2 Likes

that’s awesome! Yeah, I’m not going to Tampa anytime soon (I’m in NYC) but I love that it’s still out there anywhere!

This is an increasingly interesting model that seems to be gaining popularity… there is the pinball museum in Asheville which has tons of old school pinball games, Flashback Games here in two locations around ATL, and there is a pinball bar up in Blue Ridge, GA… You pay one price and get unlimited play (the one in Blue Ridge is time-limited, however - both Flashback and the Pinball Museum are a cover price for as long as you like. I like this much more than the barcade model, where you still need quarters/tokens to play whatever few arcade games they happen to have on hand in a bar…

4 Likes

Fuck Florida, come out to the PNW instead! Pinball and arcade games, though only 274 classic arcade games, so more than double what Replay Museum has :wink:

This place was a blast!

9 Likes

I’ve played the Hercules pinball machine at Lyon’s Classic Pinball, but I have to say that the CRTs being replaced with flatscreens in most machines just kind of takes away from the experience for me. I know, I know, ain’t no factory crankin’ out the CRTs anymore, but still.

For those near (or able to travel to) the Chicagoland area, the Galloping Ghost Arcade in Brookfield has been open since 2010, and now have almost 1,000 machines available, with unlimited plays, for a $25 day pass. Last time I was there, they allowed you to leave and come back within the day as long as you kept your receipt.

I highly recommend! There’s a Metra (commuter train) stop less than a 10 minute walk from the arcade, so if you lack a car there’s still a reliable transit option.

3 Likes

Rhode Island has the Electromagnetic Pinball Museum, which primarily focuses on pinball from all eras. The owners will give you a great tour, and it’s just $10 for all you can play (and you can leave and come back the same day; you’re not extorted to buy food there). New England has things, too!

3 Likes

Sounds fantastic. Not worth venturing into Florida for, but amazing all the same.

I was reading through the comments before I posted this.
So much fun at Next Level!

3 Likes

I’ll throw in with everyone else with a smaller collection Superelectric Pinball in Cleveland has 14 machines, but only 6$ admission and they encourage outside food.

2 Likes

When I saw the headline, I thought perhaps this would be about the Silverball Museum in Del Ray Beach, though I’m not sure they have quite that many games. (They did have what appeared to be very old Skee-Ball lanes(?).)

Close to my home, we had this place, which I didn’t visit as often as I should’ve:

1 Like

I was there a couple of years ago. They have an amazing collection of pinball machines, not to mention video games. They also have a location in NJ. https://silverballmuseum.com/

1 Like

The Strong museum of play in Rochester has a pretty good arcade room and some pinball machines. And in the rest of the establishment I learned that my childhood was long enough ago to be in a museum :weary:

1 Like

“Pinball Long Island” in Patchogue, NY, is big fun. About 100 machines, pay one price.

1 Like

How exciting that there so many places like this around the country!

Video Games Fun GIF by Overdrive Reality

2 Likes

I love that place and make a special trip for every birthday, and usually a couple more times a year (it’s a bit of a haul from my home in SW Washington).

Not just the plethora of playable tables and games, but the DECOR (thousands of toys, comics, other nerdy related material) on the walls and floor are worth the price of admission alone. The first time I visited, I could almost barely pay attention to playing games because I wanted to see EVERYTHING.

2 Likes