At Wayfair, ~550 workers laid off in 'Valentine's Day Massacre'

They are an actual retailer who sells actual stuff, but it’s hastily assembled import stuff that is a cheap knockoff of someone else’s design that will hold up for about a year.

Perfect for house flippers, teenagers, and suburban housewives who crave a constant new look, but it’s not keeper stuff. It’s barely worth the heavily discounted prices they advertise.

On the other hand, they lost bigly to the degree that they’re now a highly flagged waypoint in the legal battle for your interstate sales tax dollars, so I’m sure their lawyers are even MORE comfortable in their own cushy offices.

How fucking big was the box?!!!???

2 Likes

You have a wonderful user name.

1 Like

11 Likes

Sorry about your loss though i am glad to hear you were able to make those last moments matter.

5 Likes

It’s not just a user name.

2 Likes

All the more reason to fuck them and the horse they rode in on.

2 Likes

I’m not talking about companies on the brink - I’m talking about companies who view layoffs as a normal course of business.

4 Likes

I would not say they are on the brink but they can sure taste the bile as they have never turned a proffit and are headded downhill pretty fast.

1 Like

…and we find ourselves at a place where we are, from an execution standpoint, investing in too many disparate areas, with an uneven quality and speed of execution.

In simple terms: We got burned on our investments and are running out of cash fast. Thus, all of you, scram, you’re fired! Here are extra words to make you feel better, though.

1 Like

Way unfair!

4 Likes

I think I see your point; seven persons shot dead hardly qualifies for a massacre in the US these days.

Years ago, I was the first of a round of layoffs. I was going to be out of town, so they had to axe me two days before they dumped 40% of their IT staff.

I was in the middle of some database updates when the CIO came into my office and told me. I was in the middle of some database updates, and told him I needed to finish or their ERP system was going to be down in the morning.

So he sat down in the chair and waited. After about 60 seconds, I said, “Listen, if I wanted to fuck you guys over, I would have just left.” He shambled out of my office in semi-embarrassment, asking if I could keep my termination quiet until Friday.

People make it really hard to take the high road sometimes.

Wayfair, you’ve got just what I need.

“…approximately 550 people…”

What, like 549.6?

Never, ever work for a tech or internet company unless you’re the founder and majority stockholder.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.