Atlanta interstate catches fire and collapses

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/03/30/atlanta-interstate-catches-fir.html

3 Likes

Now, let us again say that fire cannot structurally damage steel and concrete. Go ahead, I dare you.
Fools

38 Likes

Looks like a train track under it? At first I thought it was maybe a rail tanker full of jet fuel, but then I remember that jet fuel can’t melt steel, so it must be something else.

33 Likes

FLASE FLAG11!111!!

[yeah, yeah, you fucking bbsbot, whatever]

10 Likes

It’s halt and then catch fire.

Jokes aside, sympathies to Atlanta mutants. Hopefully no one has been hurt.

22 Likes

“The Route, the Route, the Route is on fire…
We don’t need no water, let the mother fucker burn.”

26 Likes

It’s obviously a train load of tankers carrying the mind-control agents airliners use to make chemtrails. Who knows what temperature that stuff burns at!

hat tip

33 Likes

Hasn’t Atlanta already had enough trouble?

16 Likes

I’d like to declare myself as a I-85 truther.

18 Likes

Charcoal can’t melt steel. The iron age is a liberal myth.

48 Likes

I always figured that stuff like this is what real saboteur work would look like:
Long stretches of arterial highway destroyed with chemicals; pennies jamming doors at big stock brokerages on monday mornings; subway token exchanges broken in perpetuity etc etc

Small things that end up costing a lot of money, especially when added together.

19 Likes

To get around this, drivers are advised to take Peachtree to Peachtree, turn left on Peachtree, then take Peachtree to Peachtree, turn right, drive for 2.5 miles, and take the Peachtree onramp to I-85.

55 Likes

Have you seen some of our Infrastructure. A couple of guys with sledgehammers could take out large stretches.

24 Likes

Anyone know what was on fire? I know one thing, steel does not burn at common atmospheric concentrations of oxygen, so I assume the bridge itself wasn’t burning.

Although:

http://www.weirdasianews.com/2010/02/05/shanghai-wonderbridge-trash-collapses/

8 Likes

Carmageddon.

16 Likes

I dare some Georgian to spray paint “General Sherman was here” somewhere in the vicinity.

32 Likes

From Reuters:

[Governor] Deal said the fire that led to the highway collapse appeared to have been fueled by a large pile of PVC piping under the structure. Authorities did not know who owned the piping or who had put it under the bridge, Deal said.

That’s a big “hmmmm.”

12 Likes

I double dog dare you…

6 Likes

If I lived in the General vicinity. . . .

14 Likes

That’s going to be tomorrow morning’s rush hour.

9 Likes