Attempt to crush book with hydraulic press goes awry

Where’s the problem? He proved it, didn’t he?

Es azt nem ertem.

Hooray for provoking physics glitches.

There was an accident along those lines where I worked one summer.

(shivers)

3 Likes

Fun fact: If you’re Arabic, it’s “inshallah.”

6 Likes

Somewhere in heaven, there’s a big yellow book dancing around a pile of metal:

“Who’s mightier than the pen, eh? C’mon, punk, you tell me, who’s mightier than the pen, now?”

2 Likes

God willing?

1 Like

That reminds me, I need to schedule a mammogram.

14 Likes

Old time Quakers would use the formula “I hope so”.

1 Like

Was anyone else reminded of this? Summer of '87, IIRC – good times. (And, yeah, there’s an OSHA report waiting to be written.)

4 Likes

I don’t even need to watch it to know it ends with the cigarette package.

This one was my favorite, at 5 min 12 sec:

2 Likes

This was told to me second-hand, but here goes: There’s a Catholic church in Eritrea that (for some reason) needed to be re-consecrated, and the priest who was available to do it wasn’t Catholic, but Coptic. So he started the prayer with “In the name of God…” Nothing unusual about that, except that he said it in Arabic: “Bismillah…” They freaked out and thought someone had gotten an Imam to do the blessing.

(The part that doesn’t quite hold up is that, while a homily might be delivered in Arabic, the Coptic liturgy is most likely in Coptic.)

3 Likes

Have I been hallucinating all these years? I could have sworn he ended with “the uncrushable cigarette packages” - another run-it-in-reverse gag - which also had some reference to driving the Soviet Union crazy trying to figure it out.

I didn’t remember that one – I only remember seeing one or two trips to the hydraulic press. I did notice he was wearing the same outfit in both videos so there’s probably more out there.

FOUND IT!

There are a bunch of others out there, as well.

2 Likes

Am I allowed to say how much I enjoy that accent? Reminds me of a video that’s been in my favorites list for years:

(I still often refer to coffee filters as “coffee paper” and milk as “milek”).

(He does use a racial epithet near the end of the video, not maliciously, but fair warning if that would bother you)

2 Likes

0:40s in, and there’s a bunch of circuit boards to the left of the sink.

2 Likes

Power supplies in the sink too. Someone asked him why once and he responded along the lines of “so I can clean them!”

3 Likes

Think of it as a hommage to The Fly.

Also, no love for Fermat’s Room?