Attempted Coup in the United States: Tracking Investigations and Fallout

As someone who used to work for Oracle said once: Never make the mistake of anthropomorphising Larry Ellison.

14 Likes

No Cabo for you!

9 Likes

Tells you all you need to know about respect for law & order that he waited until well after he’d made all his arrangements to ‘oh-by-the-way, judge, sign off on this’, expecting his will to be done without question.

15 Likes

See also how so many folks like this would support building a wall across the entire southern border, yet always want to go party in Mexico. :man_shrugging:

16 Likes

The judge got a sense of this as well (quote from the article):

Howell wrote that Owens believed “this Court’s approach to nonessential foreign travel by defendants facing federal felony charges would be, like defendant’s adherence to veganism, ‘not too crazy strict’.”

I believe they are contemplating something more like an osmotic membrane than a wall. Allows Ted Cruz to ooze through to Cancun when the power grid fails.

10 Likes

Of course he did.

15 Likes

I wonder if the man is actually intelligent enough to realize that he would be held responsible for Pence’s murder, should it have happened? I’m thinking not.

10 Likes

That actually has nothing to do with his intelligence (or lack thereof)… in his own experience, he’s never been held accountable for any crime he’s committed, ever. He thinks he can get away with whatever he does, because he HAS gotten away with whatever he’s done.

It might be well beyond time for us to stop worshipping wealthy and those who hoard it.

17 Likes

He knew that he wouldn’t have been held responsible if his coup succeeded.

15 Likes

And believes he’s not going to be held responsible still, either. They’re just gonna try again, but they hope with his cronies in place in state election positions.

14 Likes
13 Likes

(Non-paywall here)

11 Likes
14 Likes

Paxton has faced securities fraud charges for seven years now

I know the wheels of justice turn slowly, but 7 years?

11 Likes

People with money can stall. People with OPM can stall longer.

12 Likes

The guy made me think the latest in the Bush dynasty was looking better.

1 Like
15 Likes

Miller was 22 at the time of the attack. His lawyer, A. Eduardo Balarezo, said Miller’s age and his intoxication — he drank 10 beers, some hard liquor and smoked some marijuana — clouded his judgment.

11 Likes

Was that the same judgment he used to drink all that alcohol?

And if 22 is an age too young to make good decisions, you’ve just told me he’s white. Because a 14yo Black boy would be considered a man for the same crime.

23 Likes

Destroyed the evidence. That sounds kinda illegal, Marky.

19 Likes