Attempted Coup in the United States: Tracking Investigations and Fallout

Not just a bunch of redneck yahoos, if your idea of redneck or yahoo means working/lower class.

17 Likes

In July.

19 Likes

Bingo.

The guy who got fired from Kid Rock’s restaurant probably brought his mom because she was paying for everything.

“Hey, Ma! Can I borrow $20 for these flex cuffs?”

17 Likes
7 Likes

Meanwhile, New York Times: “Mike Pence, Swoon!”

11 Likes

Some GOP members of Congress gave recon tours of Capitol to insurrectionists day before riot according to NJ Rep. Mikie Sherrill:

Are we at Treason, yet?

27 Likes

Yes. Next stop, Deportation.

6 Likes

https://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/entertainment/pearls-before-swine-comic-strips-about-military-coup-pulled-from-newspape/

This is actually a nearly feel-good article about a cartoonist and his syndicator.

Pastis submitted the strips more than a month ago and never meant to comment on the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol building in Washington, D.C., by supporters of President Donald Trump as Congress met to recognize the Electoral College victory of President-elect Joe Biden, a syndicate spokesman said.

The strips haven’t been killed but merely delayed, said Andy Sareyan, the syndicate’s chief executive officer, based in Kansas City.

5 Likes

I’d say “brave call” about this, because there’ll come a point around 20 Jan when this will be demonstrably wrong. But then I forget the average conspiracy theorist has the attention span of a goldfish.

Or any change of date/failure to predict will, as always, be incorporated into the conspiracy.

(ETA grammar)

4 Likes

Conspiracy theories cannot be disproved. Trump will always be the real president, even when Biden is inaugurated and in the white house. If Trump dies it will be an assassination attempt, even if Trump was seen juggling frag grenades to own the libs just before he was blown up.

On the plus side, if they really believe Trump is still president that means he can’t try again in 2024.

18 Likes

Yeah, that was my last point, albeit perhaps not very clearly.

christian bale nodding GIF

10 Likes

“Yesterday, my office organized a strike force of prosecutors whose only orders are to build sedition charges related to most heinous acts that occurred in the Capitol, said Michael Sherwin, acting United States attorney for the District of Columbia, during a press conference. He noted that the maximum possible sentence for a sedition charge is 20 years in prison.

Sherwin said more than 70 people so far have been arrested in connection with the riot last Wednesday by a mob of supporters of President Donald Trump, with another 100 or so criminal cases opened.

“That’s the tip of the iceberg,” said FBI Washington Field Office Assistant Director in Charge Steven D’Antuono

15 Likes

their dear leader has already said multiple times that he qualifies for two more terms because the democrats were against him for so much of this one

it’s okay though, because he was only joking around /s

18 Likes

I don’t think the primaries and election work that way.

I guess he could have his own primary and election where he actually does win in a landslide and declare himself to be the antipresident of the USA.

Wait a minute, considering the huge advantage that this would give to the Democrats, how can we encourage this? /s

13 Likes

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/12/politics/joint-chiefs-memo-capitol-insurrection/index.html

“The American people have trusted the Armed Forces of the United States to protect them and our Constitution for almost 250 years. As we have done throughout our history, the U.S. military will obey lawful orders from civilian leadership, support civil authorities to protect lives and property, ensure public safety in accordance with the law, and remain fully committed to protecting and defending the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.”

There’s something about this whole statement that just eats at me. It’s reminiscent of A Few Good Men, particularly when Tom Cruise’s character traps Jack Nicholson’s by asking him why he needed to issue an order for his soldiers to do what they already do, unquestioningly.

They lean heavily on obeying “lawful orders”, “ensuring safety in accordance with the law”, etc., etc. My question is, is this statement intended to inform Trump any seditious orders won’t be obeyed, or are they concerned that a sizable enough number of military personnel might heed the call of the orange shitrag to really do something awful?

13 Likes

they’ll pass a SECRET CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT making it legal first

7 Likes

Great, that means that the Democrats can run Obama against him.

I still prefer the idea of him having his own election while the rest of us get on with life.

11 Likes

Why not both?

18 Likes

What inside collaboration and planning to harm Congress Members, you ask.

22 Likes

(Apologies if this has been posted already, I have some catching up to do)

The legal term for his response to Covid 19 is called, “depraved indifference” It can be hard to prove, but in this case, it’s a shoe-in.

5 Likes