Attempted Coup in the United States: Tracking Investigations and Fallout

15 Likes

Quote of Miss White Privilege from the article

ā€œBut now itā€™s changing my whole vernacular because I donā€™t want to be a target ā€¦ I canā€™t say ā€˜Naziā€™ or ā€˜rapeā€™ because my freedom of speech has been taken away from me.ā€

No one has taken away her freedom of speech. That is called consequences. Say something stupid and win stupid prizes.

From the article:
Ryan said she wants to practice yoga, detox from alcohol, and lose 30 pounds in prison.

She also told Insider sheā€™s preparing for her time behind bars by learning prison slang and speaking to prison consultants.

yoga, detox, wieght loss, and prison consultants?! Sheā€™s going to a min security federal prison! Sure, itā€™s in Texas, but still min security. And 30 pounds in 60 days? Hello crash diet and a trip to the infirmary!

17 Likes

Sounds like the big one

15 Likes

The pair were the sources for a story that was published in late October, when they said members of Congress were involved in planning Trumpā€™s efforts to overturn the election and the Jan. 6 Ellipse rally. They claimed one of these lawmakers, Rep. Paul Gosar (R-Ariz.), suggested the possibility Trump could get them a ā€œblanket pardonā€ in an unrelated ongoing investigation if they helped protest the election. (Gosar later suggested that story was ā€œcategorically false and defamatory.ā€) Stockton and Lawrence also say they were told that Trumpā€™s former chief of staff, Mark Meadows, had communicated with the organizers and was warned about concerns of potential violence.

Nothing in the documents viewed by Rolling Stone or the coupleā€™s statements revealed any planning for, or coordination with, the violent attack on the Capitol by Trump supporters.

Kind of suggestive tho.

13 Likes

Skweeeeee! :heart_eyes:

21 Likes

Han Solo Good Luck GIF by Star Wars

17 Likes

Tangentially relatedā€¦

ā€œThe U.S. Postal Service pursued a project to build and secretly test a blockchain-based mobile phone voting system before the 2020 election, experimenting with a technology that the governmentā€™s own cybersecurity agency says canā€™t be trusted to securely handle ballots.ā€

ā€œThe Postal Service system allowed people to cast votes on an Internet-connected mobile app similar to how they might add items to an online shopping cart or fill out an online survey. The votes were designed to be anonymous and to be recorded in multiple digital locations simultaneously. The idea is that each of those digital records would act as a check to verify the accuracy of the other records. This is essentially the same method that cryptocurrencies such as bitcoin use to ensure transactions are accurately recorded.ā€

ā€œBut the system didnā€™t protect against the numerous ways hackers might fake or corrupt votes, the University of Colorado researchers said. Those include impersonating voters, attacking the blockchain system itself so votes canā€™t be trusted, flooding the system with information so it becomes too overwhelmed to function, and using techniques that undermine votersā€™ privacy and the secrecy of the ballot. The researchers were able to successfully perform all those hacks during a mock election held on campus.ā€

12 Likes
21 Likes
19 Likes
17 Likes

No! You donā€™t say?

Tired Monday GIF

11 Likes

Next stop, Louisiana! (Actually, although he was invited there and warmly greeted, it does sound like maybe? hopefully? they arenā€™t buying it)

Phil Waldronā€™s 90-minute talk in Louisiana came just days after revelations that he had circulated and briefed members of Congress on a PowerPoint presentation that urged then-Vice President Mike Pence on Jan. 6 to reject electoral votes

10 Likes

ā€œI can call the National Guard from the vasty deep!ā€

(Useless if they never show up.)

3 Likes

Cap Police Chiefs tend to be MAGAMurican by nature so it will be interesting to see if he or she would call at all.

2 Likes
21 Likes

Donā€™t keep mentioning it here and there, Dems.

Do It Love GIF by TV One

19 Likes

There really is no other way. With the Court as it is now and hostility to voting rights at the state level going unchecked, we are looking at being locked for decades in an undemocratic, minority rule country if this isnā€™t done now.

11 Likes

Wake me me when the Dems actually do something about it.

My Dem reps are asleep at the wheel drunk on military spending.

14 Likes

It can be done by just Biden and the Senate. If just a few asshole senators were absent that day. Mitch McConnell made damn sure it could be done that way.

9 Likes

anybody have a link to the full deck?

2 Likes