Attempted Coup in the United States: Tracking Investigations and Fallout

Bill Hader Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live

18 Likes

Rudy and Kraken will probably do something hilarious soon.

Hopefully, they’ll be representing themselves.

25 Likes

I like this part:

According to CNN, also on Tuesday the panel obtained the phone records of Mr Trump’s two sons - Eric and Donald Jr - and Kimberly Guilfoyle - who is engaged to Donald Jr.

The seizure of the phone records is the first time a subpoena has been issued to a member of the Trump family, the network reported.

I thought these assholes were using burner phones. :man_shrugging: Oh, wait, Don Jr and Eric…

23 Likes

They were using “burner phones,” but after the fourth time they singed their fingers while dialing, they went back to regular ones.

Fire Phone GIF by tomgalle

23 Likes

https://january6th.house.gov/news/press-releases/select-committee-subpoenas-trump-allies-involved-attempts-challenge-or-overturn

The Select Committee issued subpoenas for records and deposition testimony to the following individuals:

Rudolph Giuliani actively promoted claims of election fraud on behalf of the former President and sought to convince state legislators to take steps to overturn the election results. He was reportedly in contact with then-President Trump and various Members of Congress regarding strategies for delaying or overturning the results of the 2020 election.

Jenna Ellis reportedly prepared and circulated two memos purporting to analyze the constitutional authority for the Vice President to reject or delay counting electoral votes from states that had submitted alternate slates of electors.

Sidney Powell actively promoted claims of election fraud on behalf of former President Trump in litigation and public appearances.

Boris Epshteyn reportedly attended meetings at the Willard Hotel in the days leading up to January 6th and had a call with former President Trump on the morning of January 6th to discuss options to delay the certification of election results in the event of Vice President Pence’s unwillingness to deny or delay the certification.

9 Likes
22 Likes

he sounds nice

14 Likes

If they’re all calling each other- can’t they track the burner’s numbers, calls, locations & tie them to them by their other phones locations etc?

Especially if they connect to Wi-Fi- with Eric would do.

10 Likes

Or just ask the Australian police to pull the info from their Anom records.

2 Likes
14 Likes

Prosecutors say that as some Oath Keepers breached the Capitol, Vallejo “attempted, but failed, to launch … a ‘drone with a 720p cam for recon use.’” Capitol Police officials have, in recent days, described efforts to protect the Capitol against unauthorized drones.

So they couldn’t even launch a drone somebody picked up at a KMart store closing sale :joy:

10 Likes

I take offense at that comparison for foxes everywhere.

red fox GIF by Head Like an Orange

ETA - Maybe a more apt analogy would be: he’s crazy like a toxoplasmosis-infected rat.

16 Likes

Pass the calamari.

12 Likes

I wouldn’t put that in my mouth.

7 Likes
14 Likes

Personally, I feel like “drunk driving” should make the headline ahead of “blowing curfew,” but I’m not the headline writer.
That one lady destroyed a family, but, I guess blowing curfew is the bigger deal?
:pleading_face:

17 Likes

“ Of the nine Supreme Court justices, only Justice Clarence Thomas would have granted Trump’s application for an injunction blocking the release of the records to the select committee.”

19 Likes

At least he’s the only one who made a public statement to that effect; other news sources say the rest of the court didn’t reveal how they voted so It might have been a 5-4 decision and the other three decided to just keep their yaps shut.

8 Likes

My teevee says 8-1. Ari Melbar.

13 Likes

That’s encouraging. WaPo and CNN said something like “…only Justice Clarence Thomas noting his dissent” but didn’t claim to know how the vote broke.

Maybe the court announced the call after Thomas went public.

5 Likes