Attempted Coup in the United States: Tracking Investigations and Fallout

The law already exists. Now enforcing it? Yeah, that would be a different kettle of fish entirely.

14 Likes
9 Likes

Should be non-paywalled…

“Everybody is raising money off them,” said Riggleman. “We don’t know where the money is going but … this is just a fantastic moneymaking opportunity.”

And…

12 Likes

A comparison of sentences given to peaceful protesters can be found here:

smh

17 Likes

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/09/politics/fulton-county-grand-jury-trump-election/index.html

Special grand juries in Georgia are not authorized to issue indictments. But the panel will issue a final report that serves as a mechanism for the special grand jury to recommend whether Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis should pursue indictments in her election interference investigation. Willis can then go to a regularly empaneled grand jury to seek indictments.

12 Likes
16 Likes
13 Likes

not nearly long enough for that guy. for some people 60 days might be an appropriate amount; it’s only going to embolden him

14 Likes

Like trump’s accountant Allen H. Weisselberg, after 5 whole months he’ll be back crunching fake numbers for trump like nobody’s business.

12 Likes

“Don’t put your feet on the furniture!. Were you raised in a barn?” -His mother

13 Likes

Lock him up! Lock him up!

9 Likes

It’s inadequate. But 5 months in Rikers won’t be a picnic at 75 yo.

13 Likes

Maybe…

8 Likes

Those days are long gone. And he doesn’t have any mob protection. Rikers is extremely dangerous and inhumane.

There’s a very good chance he doesn’t make it out.

13 Likes

(Should be sans paywall)

9 Likes

A federal judge acquitted a Capitol Rioter on one obstruction charge while convicting him on five other charges because she said he had a “unique stew in his mind.”

U.S. District Court Judge Amy Berman Jackson said that Joshua Black had a “unique stew in his mind” that made her unsure of whether he was aware that his actions were unlawful in her ruling on Friday, Politico reported. Jackson found Black not guilty on one count of obstruction of an official proceeding, court documents show.

Black was convicted of entering and remaining in a restricted building, disorderly conduct in a restricted building, unlawful possession of a dangerous weapon on Capitol grounds, disorderly conduct in the Capitol building, and impeding passage through the Capitol grounds, according to court documents.

On January 8, 2021, a man posted a video to YouTube under the username “LetUs Talk” which agents also believed to be Black, the complaint says. In the video, the man can be seen with blood on the left side of his face which he explains is from a wound that he suffered after being shot in the face with a projectile, according to the complaint.

In the video, Black said, “once we found out Pence turned on us and that they had stolen the election, like officially, the crowd went crazy,” according to the criminal complaint. “I mean, it became a mob. We crossed the gate.”

“We just wanted to get inside the building. I wanted to get inside the building so I could plead the blood of Jesus over it. That was my goal,” Black said in the video, according to the complaint.

10 Likes
15 Likes

That looks like a spelling error but I guess it’s not

e class="onebox allowlistedgeneric" data-onebox-src="https://www.bible-knowledge.com/blood-of-jesus-how-to-plead-for-protection-and-deliverance/">
Bible Knowledge – 8 Apr 17
8 Likes

Hard to “like” this

10 Likes

Merrick Garland Has Risked Justice by Betting on Impartiality

Hmm. “Betting” that he won’t have to stick his neck out, by actually fucking doing something toward getting Tromp behind bars?

9 Likes