Australia experiences hottest month in its history

I live in the northern part of the state of Victoria (Aust.), which is by no means the hottest part of Oz, and through January I recorded 16 days >100F, two of which reached 113F. It’s certainly been the hottest summer I can remember (I’m 70) and it’s not finished yet.
Couldn’t survive without air-con. Unfortunately our “clever” politicians have allowed electricity costs to soar to ridiculous levels. They couldn’t organize a pissup in a brewery.

3 Likes

frogman-shocked|nullxnull

4 Likes

There was a terrific film about three adventurers all attempting to cross the entire desert.

“Australian Aboriginal elder, 72 year old Jack Jugarie, travels with little more than his Dreamtime knowledge and traditional bush skills; famous German survival expert, 61 year old Rudiger Nehberg, thrives on testing himself to the limit of human endurance; and American ultra marathon runner, 35 year old Dave Covey, attempts to gain the winning edge by using advanced technology.”

I’m sure you already know who fared the best, but I think in the end they came together.

https://www.kanopy.com/product/human-race-race-across-australia

5 Likes

Love that dingo!!!

2 Likes

8 Likes

actually the hottest month in australia’s history was them hosting beach volleyball at the 2000 olympics

2 Likes

And here I was looking for hot pics of Hugh Jackman, and you bested me.

2 Likes

Ah, yes, the plot of SM Stirling’s “Emberverse” novels.

image https://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/565/679/781.png

1 Like

Yeah mate I am in mid NSW and have had a string of days over 45c , not looking forward to February, poor old ute is over 50 inside when I get in after work.
Solved the electric problems whent fully solar-powered with batteries,no money to powercompany and been running ac 24 hours a day set at 26c worth every dollar

2 Likes

We must be fairly close, depending on what you’re classifying as mid NSW.

Central as in Geographic, around half way point of the Newell but work is to its west by 30 k, clear as mud or did I dish up sufficent Info I would hate to peak and don’t wish to be a smart Alec so I’ll parke it for now phew that should be enough puns form this bogan driver

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.