Australia just had hottest day in recorded history

7 Likes

Careful, they might insist on a trade.

3 Likes

104F?
A mild day on an Arizona summer day.

Live in the same place as you, just closer to the bay. And used to work for CFA… made redundant a coupla days before Black Saturday :unamused:. Anyway, can confirm the current anger at fucking useless PM, almost disbelief at just how bad current conditions are and how much worse they’re likely to get in future, and just about everything really. Kinda enjoying today’s 22 degrees while worrying about conditions in other states and dreading tomorrow’s forecast of 43°C.

6 Likes

Tonight looks alright. I hope you’re inside tomorrow.

2 Likes

Except this is the average maximum temp across the whole country.

Take your Arizona summer day and average it out with one in Seattle and Anchorage. That’s what this means.

12 Likes

I will be, thank you. Albeit without aircon and my first floor, uninsulated, rented flat heats up quickly. Never mind, many have it worse. Hope you and yours are indoors too, preferably with aircon!

3 Likes

A friend of mine down there said it’s around 41C (106F) in his apartment – with the air conditioning at full blast. He’s literally sitting in his refrigerator.

104F in Arizona or New Mexico is pretty tolerable; it’s dry and breezy and houses are built for this sort of thing. 104-110F in a humid urban area next to the ocean is unbearable.

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.