Australian government slammed over phallic logo for Women's Network

Originally published at: Australian government slammed over phallic logo for Women's Network | Boing Boing

8 Likes

:man_shrugging:

8 Likes

I can tell.

24 Likes

Heck, I thought a logo that looked like a tampon was kind of amusing.

7 Likes

Boobs and a tampon! Any other interpretation is clearly wrong.

14 Likes

I saw a hiney at first, and then I saw what seems to be a reminder of my poor cursive writing.

5 Likes

I think the fact the eggplant emoji has been use to represent penis for awhile, the color choice further makes it a poor design.

7 Likes

Hot Dog Grandma GIF

3 Likes

I think the bigger problem for their government is marketing in general. Searching for the thing the logo is supposed to represent was not easy but… in their defense, according to them, the W had been used for a few years and they were just attempting to bring it inline with their other logos.

To me, the other logos look like band aids with the exception of the pride logo.

Finding information about these groups wasn’t all that easy either.

10 Likes

The Federal University of Santa Catarina’s Institute of Oriental Studies laughs at their your feeble attempt:

Or the Islamic Understanding Institute:

28 Likes

Hot Dog Face GIF

8 Likes

There‘’s a designer somewhere who still can’t believe their luck that somebody bought it.

7 Likes

A quick search shows lots of bad decisions. So many to choose from.

arlington

computer

38 Likes

Several years ago we used an online service to have someone design a simple internal-facing logo for our team. A couple dozen people submitted their art, we picked the one we liked best, sent them a couple hundred dollars, and we had our spiffy cool logo.

A few months later, we saw our logo on a T-shirt online, except it wasn’t our logo. It was their logo. The “artist” we bought it from had merely copypasted a screen grab from their site into the online service, and happily accepted our payment for their efforts. And we had to abandon that spiffy cool logo.

I’ll tell you now, it wasn’t luck.

7 Likes

From the thumbnail, I thought, “Speeding bewbs.”

Then I opened the article and saw the right end of the logo.

Took a while to unsee the bewbs, but, then… Oh, lawd!

7 Likes

I mean, it’s phallic, but “Haha, better start over” phallic, not, “It’s a ludacris slap-in-the-face” phallic.

1 Like

Freud would say “Sometimes a shitty logo is just a shitty logo…”

10 Likes

I’ve long held the view that all designers should have a picture at their work-station of a penis with the words “DOES MY DESIGN SOLUTION LOOK LIKE A PENIS?” underneath it.

They should consult this poster before submitting their work to the client.

16 Likes

Sometimes it can be both a shitty logo and a dong.

7 Likes

I dunno, it’s “girthy”, getting slapped in the face with that thing… I mean unless that’s what you’re in to…

(you folks can’t blame me for this one, it started out juvenile and genital oriented!)

TBH tho, all I thought was "Man, that “W” looks a bit like Walgreen’s “W”. Then it hit me “oh…”

1 Like