Australian women slapped with heavy fines after risky dingo encounters for social media selfies

Originally published at: Australian women slapped with heavy fines after risky dingo encounters for social media selfies | Boing Boing

4 Likes

“Risky Dingo”-- new band name alert.

12 Likes

Tourons?

9 Likes

Wikipedia’s list of wongari attacks on humans includes one just a week ago. When I lived in AU these stories made the news pretty often. You’d have to be a complete and utter moron to think taking selfies with these animals was a good idea. They got off lightly with just a fine.

They may not be as big as northern hemisphere wolves, but as far as I can tell wongari are behaviourally very similar. Maybe getting people to think of them as small wolves instead of the cute-sounding dingo would lead them being taken more seriously.

7 Likes

That’s 2300 Australian dollars, which is roughly 1550 US dollars.

5 Likes

Wait, are you telling me other countries have total morons who want to play with/touch/pet dangerous wild animals?

3 Likes

Stupidity recognizes no borders, colors, creeds or any other arbitrary classification methods.

9 Likes

Just sayin’.

5 Likes

Huh. Was not aware this existed. Thx.

The original risky dingo:

1 Like

Harrumpf!

My god! Just look at what those dogs did to her face!!

1 Like

What happens when the dingo’s are no longer afraid of people:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.