Automated transcription of a fax machine that called the wrong number

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/10/07/automated-transcription-of-a-f.html

2 Likes

For some reason, I read that in the voice of Dug.

14 Likes

12 Likes

My wife’s aunt once asked me how the paper travels through the wires. No joking. She asked me because I know a lot about computers.

13 Likes
8 Likes

I have no doubt that is 100% accurate. All those ACKs (i.e. “heys”) and iterative attempts to identify the recipient are exactly what I would expect from any sort of automated communication system.

3 Likes

My God is that what fax machines were saying as we unplugged them all?

10 Likes

Aren’t those the lyrics to a Justin Bieber song?

7 Likes

This definitely calls for some kind of dramatic reading or dubstep remix.

5 Likes

I prefer the transcripts that I get from my mother-in-law’s messages:

Dairy Queen Keys, I don't know.
(that voicemail had at least 30 words in it)
3 Likes

Lori Anderson.

7 Likes

They Might Be Giants needs to put this to music.

4 Likes

Are we related to the same person? My grandma once wondered aloud as I was watching (Merrie Melodies) cartoons as a child, how they got the animals to do such cruel things to each other.

4 Likes

Reads like a TrumpTwitter at 3 a.m.

7 Likes

If they released it as a Dial-a-Song their answering machine would gain sentience within a week, tops.

2 Likes

There’s a sad and kind of desperate tone to it.

3 Likes

it’s nick I’m… hey it’s… I… a new hey… kill them all… to get them… hey it’s me… I’m the hey… bathe in their blood… of a… I hey it’s… and a… purify them all in fire… honey bye bye now hey it’s dan hey hey it’s dave hey

Whoa, that got dark.

6 Likes

They practically have already:

The recording I have (on my cd of Factory Showroom) was first done on wax cylinder at the Edison Laboratory in West Orange, NJ.

5 Likes

10 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.