Avert your eyes, we're getting an American version of Peep Show

Precisely. Nobody could replace the fabulous Paterson Joseph, either.

stick-that-up-your-dojo

6 Likes

Love It Reaction GIF by The Drew Barrymore Show

2 Likes

At least we can be glad the American Doctor Who movies with Michael Jackson never got made.

I think you’re thinking of the American sandman with Michael Jackson that never got made…

1 Like

I mean it sounds like a terrible idea, but hang on… Maybe this could be the One

That was another project that never happened.

Huh. I did not know that was a thing. Thanks?

1 Like

6 Likes

And look how he turned out.

2 Likes

TIL! How weird with that have been?

2 Likes

Exactly!

In some other space-time continuum, they probably enjoyed his dance scenes in the TARDIS, but it’s probably for the best it didn’t happen.

1 Like

It sounds a bit like this won’t exactly be a US version but a new show using the same format of seeing scenes from the characters POV and hearing their thoughts, in which case it might be alright.

I read the other day a US version of the quite good BBC sitcom Ghosts is being made and can’t quite work out why.

Another example that didn’t work for me is Murder in Successville. I watched a couple of episodes of the US version, Murderville, and found it completely lacked everything that made the original great.

But on a more positive note, having been a big fan of Shameless (at least the first four or five series) I can honestly say I loved the US version and in many ways prefer it. (And yeah, I know it’s not a sitcom)

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.