Awesome Films

Thought I’d revive this thread.

Just watched Synecdoche, New York and loved it. @jorpho mentioned it recently so I checked it out. I also saw it mentioned elsewhere in comments on Birdman, which I also loved and for which it would make a good companion piece.

Not sure why I missed out on it before, I love what I’ve seen of Charlie Kaufman’s work,
(haven’t seen Human Nature) particularly Adaptation and Eternal Sunshine. Yes, they’re self-indulgent and stretch one idea out to absurdity, but I adore them. I just lov ether tone of his films. Utterly charming.

Plus, y’know, Emily Watson and Samantha Morton. :wink:

I think adaptation holds up nicely to a second viewing but I tried to re-watch eternal sunshine a few months ago and had trouble staying with it.

Digressing slightly I find her to be spectacular, well worth watching.

I’ve seen Adaptation and Eternal Sunshine a lot more that twice :smile:

I liked Her, too. Oddly, that was also Samantha Morton, then they redubbed all her scenes with Scarlett Johansson.

Speaking of whom, we also recently watched Under The Skin. Now that was an odd little film. More mood than anything, preciously little plot.

This topic was automatically closed after 837 days. New replies are no longer allowed.