Awesome Song Thread!

I’m sorry, but even though I love Wire and The Fall, if I liked this, I’d also be claiming to love SPM (I can’t type his full name, or I’ll cause myself some serious damage punching a hole in the wall, even typing his initials causes me hypertension). He is, without doubt, the biggest wanker currently inhabiting this foetid rock. Veganist cunt!

According to the gospel according to SPM, “People who eat meat are worse than people who rape children”. I don’t give a fuck HOW good a songwriter he is, NOTHING will persuade me to like,someone who comes out with vile shite like that (yes, that’s recent, but I’ve hated him since the 80s).

I can’t like someone’s music if I can’t stand them; I hate U2 because Hewson is such a sanctimonious prick.

Right, I’ll go have a rootle around on YT and see if I can come up with anything. Thing is, much of the shit I’m into is so obscure, I’m doubtful about finding anything.

1 Like

Remembering Richey Edwards (disappeared 1 February 1995).

1 Like

Yusef Lateef – Love Theme from “Spartacus”

and just in case anyone has been living under a rock this past week: (warning, nearly 9 hours)

2 Likes

:scream:

7 Likes
1 Like

This came up in a discussion earlier tonight, along with several candidates for the Awful Song Thread!

I just checked, the awful song candidates were already there (thanks @daneel)

DangerDOOM - Crosshairs

1 Like

VERNON GREEN & THE MEDALLIONS - THE LETTER

1 Like

That looks awfully like Ethel the aardvark doing some serious quantity surveying

1 Like

King Missile - The Sandbox

Awesome music from one of my favorite Italian films.

All the talk of proprietary vibes recently reminded me…

1 Like

The Scientists - You Only Live Twice

Yep, an Australian postpunk Bond theme cover. Dig it!

DangerDOOM - DoomTang Clan

sorry, i quit keeping up months ago, but this came on TV the other day and had to share it

also, if it hasn’t been mentioned yet, the recent Ghostface collab with the band Badbadnotgood is that newnew for youyou. Y’all like Dummy era Portishead, right? whelp, this is for you:

2 Likes

The linky no worky. Please advisey if fixey?

Fats Waller is always awesome.

2 Likes

Discourse auto-embeded the URL, that wasn’t me.
https://soundcloud.com/badbadnotgood/sets/badbadnotgood-ghostface-killah

I just loaded the page to copy the URL; it’s good on my end.

1 Like

Interview with Robert Dennis, the composer.

2 Likes