Awesome Song Thread!

Heh. I threw a bottle of piss at Phish at Reading once, as I recall.
(I also got knocked out in the pit during Mudhoney and missed Psychic TV. Such is life)

3 Likes

Ever go to Donington? Beer, deathburgers and some epic bottling going on. Good times.

Seeing how the Finns and the Sami and the Hungarians have tramping through here, we might as well bring in the Bosnians and the Macedoniansā€¦

the uploader has mis-attributed this as Dangerdoom, but itā€™s just Doom on the beat, there is no involvement by Dangermouse; and then heā€™s mixing the GZA ā€œLabelsā€ acapella over it, and then a Rae verseā€“something early, canā€™t put my finger on it.

whichā€“other than the misnomerā€“would be fine, except the ā€œLabelsā€ vocal is not falling on the correct measure. This laptop ā€œDJā€ is a rookie and itā€™s wack.

1 Like

This is dope!

Timbaland shouldā€™ve sampled this for an Aaliyah singleā€¦ guess thatā€™ll never happen : (

1 Like

Proper fucking Techno. Proper.

1 Like

Can I stick with the improper stuff instead?

https://soundcloud.com/lazlo-kovaks/ethnoglide-original

2 Likes

Absolutely not, no. itā€™s 909s and hoover noises all the way down.

1 Like

Well, drat! Iā€™m just not cut out for this, I can tellā€¦ :grimacing:

1 Like

It was my impression that that was DOOMs thing. I guess it is not yours, but I suspect he has more record contracts than you have, so maybe youā€™re -both- amateurs, and heā€™s not a critic. Maybe a music -criticism- thread is in order?

This one is just for awesome, not denigrating. .

not sure weā€™re on the same page, here.

make no mistake, Doom is dope. the beat he madeā€“Coffin Nailsā€“is dope

the rhymes are dope.

This guy:

cannot mix. the vocals and the beat do not match. not in the aesthetic sense; in the mathematical sense of ā€œfour beats per measure, 16 bar loop at (something like) 98bpm,ā€ etc. The vocal does not come in ā€œon the one,ā€ it is off-kilter. This criticism has zero to do with Doom, though. Doom did not make this remix. if he had, it would be mixed properly and it would be awesome.

Also, the youtube guy doesnā€™t understand that ā€œDangerDoomā€ is a name that only gets used when Doom and Dangermouse collaborate, which does not apply to ā€œCoffin Nails.ā€ Doesnā€™t affect the music, but felt it should be mentioned for general edification.

happy avril 14th day:

1 Like

Finnish Surf!

2 Likes

And that led to finding this pretty nifty Finnish version of Perfidiaā€¦

1 Like
1 Like

Unintelligible 90s Rock Band Guy reminded me of this:

3 Likes
1 Like
6 Likes