Baboons hijack car on highway in South Africa

[Read the post]

1 Like

Of importance in light of recent proclamations to the otherwise: This is a Caucasian baboon

1 Like

The baboon in the photo is not one found in South Africa. It is a Hamadryas baboon native to the horn of Africa region, some 3,500km from South Africa. The baboons found in Southern Africa are Chacma baboons.

3 Likes

So “stock photos of baboon is a stock photo of a baboon,” is the boingboing equivalent of Trump’s “stock photo of marching soldiers is a stock photo of marching soldiers,” I guess we shouldn’t vote for boingboing in the election. And in seriousness I DO understand that I should hold boingboing to a lower standard than a potential POTUS.

2 Likes

I was more focused on choosing the most adorable baboon I could find, and accuracy ended up taking a backseat.

6 Likes

Lucky for them that none of the baboons knew how to drive a stick shift.

3 Likes

I hope you’re not suggesting @frauenfelder used Nazi baboons in the photo…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

He could have used this:

3 Likes

Nazi baboons. Man, this place has got everything.

4 Likes

To be a pedant, those are Nazi Mandrills. Old world primates, and close relatives of baboons, but technically not baboons…

2 Likes

Well, it’s what the cover calls them…
Not just Nazi baboons, but Hitler’s baboons!
Just imagine it:
“Ze fuhrer vants zese baboons trained to molest ze scantily-clad ladies before ze Americans perfect zeir super-soldier serum, or heads vill roll… your head, herr Doktor!”
“But vhy does he vant-”
“Silence!!!”

4 Likes

oh man i’ve just got to get in this F’n mix! U know, I don’t even wanna save this page. its like crazyhorse. takes away part of my e-spirit. white nazi baoonz hijakin cars, post-loading dog rolling bubble wrap, nazi queen film, Titan Mfi, lifetime hacker protection (really?), dogface monster shirts, join EFF and buy amazon. shit, call grandma I’m in the future …yo…am I in trubble?

If you’re only here for “Wonderful Things” you’ll be sorely disappointed.

If you’re after mostly human (and animal) interest stories, making, and a sprinkling of science, technology, and product shilling, you’ve got a home here.

1 Like

One day, one day, I’ma get round to rasterbating all these splendid Mad Monkey covers and paper the hallway with them.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.