Bad swan dies

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/01/04/bad-swan-dies.html

2 Likes

So we’re celebrating an individual who committed numerous acts of violence against females of his species?

5 Likes

Lighten up. We aren’t they were. Even asshole swans become part of a community for bad or worse.

2 Likes

Angry Bob’s swan song:

2 Likes

Show him some pity, he had a rough childhood.

duck

15 Likes

This sort of thing is more common than most people imagine.

Here in Henley-on-Thames a local juvenile swan had to be rescued from two bad swans who were trying to drown him.

A local swan support officer and two members of the public teamed up to do the job.

4 Likes

Saying that a swan is “bad” or “angry” is like saying fire is hot.

16 Likes

I thought black swans were the dangerous ones. Is that just a racist myth?

3 Likes

#believethewomenswans

12 Likes

#allswansareassholes

11 Likes

#Equalopportunityhaters

5 Likes

It would be news if there was a “nice” swan out there I think… “Friendly Frank” maybe. It will never happen, all swans are mean little dinosaurs.

8 Likes

I’m pretty sure the only difference between a wasp and a swan is feathers.

11 Likes

Just a memorial?

5 Likes

I thought my neighborhood Alt-right swan was bad… he’s got nothing on this guy.

6 Likes

I was on a boat trip a couple of summers ago and met some good swans and some bad swans at the same time.

We had moored to have our picnic lunch.

On one side of the boat, two good swans came up begging for scraps.

On the other side, two bad swans came up hissing, obviously convinced that they could easily take on a 27 foot, 10 oar whaleboat because it was painted white.

8 Likes

So… No luck catchin’ them swans then?

14 Likes

Great satire or utter bollocks? I can’t tell, which is why I like this comment.

3 Likes

Birds are not humans, parrot edition: my bird is an indian ring-necked parakeet female, and among the factory info on these is a note that if for $ you want to breed them, you cant just put a male in with a female, because the female may attack and possibly even kill the male (bites I’ve sustained over the years indicate it’s not smooth sailing even if she approves the roommate).

This is a captivity thing of course, but if my little green hellbeast was living outside, she’d attack smaller birds to take over nest sites.

Birds are not humans…

2 Likes

Swans are just geese in disguise.

2 Likes