Swan kills man

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2012/04/17/how-dangerous-are-swans.html

2 Likes

What’s with all the bad swans today, @beschizza? Did you get attacked recently? Some swans going after your boy? Is it international swan day?

bad-swan

14 Likes

International swan decade, even…(this one being from 2012…)

5 Likes

Ohhh!!! I didn’t even click through…

tumblr_n0hoj8hghZ1rkxuejo1_500|nullxnull

11 Likes

Hmm. Never forget people, swans look and sound scary, but they’re just birds. That means their bones are like twigs, they can’t actually back up their bluster. They’re bluffers, basically. In an actual fight with a human we could break their wings without much trouble at all.

Birds are dinosaurs…

6 Likes

Clears throat

6 Likes

Not to be confused with swanning about

4 Likes

I take it you’ve never been menaced by a swan, or a goose for that matter. Good luck on delivering a well-placed kick, never mind getting your hands on one before it can inflict a good amount of hurt on you. :wink:

4 Likes

Oh sure, you will get hurt, no doubt about that. But their behavior is designed to scare us off, not start an actual fight. All bark, less bite.

duck

8 Likes

FTFY

ETA

(This channel is dedicated to the black swans at Schloss Ringenberg)

2 Likes

I revised our collection of bad swans so all the posts autogenerated discourse threads. Can’t have too many!

3 Likes

I remember this happening, ugh.

and a company that introduces mute swans to control canada geese is adding another hyperterritorial large bird in proximity to humans, obviously not the smartest thing to do. that business plan must be interesting reading.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.