Badass Dragon Scavengers of the Void - Round 7 - Contact

Sweetness,

I’ll provide the 31 U to you when I file my orders. However, don’t you mean mission 4?

-Philosolobster

2 Likes

Seems a shame not to take the mission I’m specialized for, even if it’s got a good chance of killing me.

@Kassandra SUBMIT
BUY Mass_Spectrometer
MISSION 5
END

@dreamboatskanky, can I have that Sensor_Suite back?

3 Likes
  > iotrap.daneel: 0x1d7e0ecb34bda7c8d125f9775ac402ca058f80cf

“Roger that, daneel! Your orders now on file for this round are:”

✔ buy mass_spectrometer
✔ mission 5
1 Like

Mission 5 salvage is the only one affected by SCI - I would advise checking your Alternative Facts co-processor, it may be affected by your Spice® intake.

4 Likes

Mission 4 requies one Hi SCI scholar – like you, Sweetness.

You, Dear Sweetness, are a Scholar, not a Digger.

-Philosolobster

3 Likes

(As a quick aside - salvage quality is always affected by SCI on all missions:

In the case of Mission 4, the highest Scholar SCI is enjoyed by everyone equally - opening the door to lower SCI players that would have been ill equipped to recognize dangerous salvage on their own)

3 Likes

This is worse than I thought - I think the Spicer may have deeply affected your brain:

(ahem:

)

7 Likes

okay – you are taking mission 4. GREAT. So why the discussion of Mission 5, which you can’t even take? Also, why not buy the Mass_Spectrometer, which is plenty useful to you and everyone else on mission 4?

p.s. you do NOT what to see me with my parameters set to Harkonnen. Believe me.

3 Likes

Yes, to bring everybody’s effective SCI up to 35, which happens only if I take Mission 4, which I did. I specifically called out Mission 5 because the mission parameters indicate that SCI affects the salvage, although I have just been informed that SCI does always affects salvage quality anyway.

4 Likes
Please be aware that my neural circuits are still 
not operating at 100%, but on the other hand my
neural processing is not affected by Spicer.
6 Likes

Sounds like my kind of fun. I always wanted one of those fancy Powered_Exoskeletons and I’d think I’d look quite fetching in one, but let’s see what this green glob does. Just put this on top of my blaster, you say?

@Kassandra SUBMIT
MISSION 5
USE GREEN Blaster 105
END

5 Likes
  > iotrap.gwwar: 0x58073178b3ba9019567c2cbf1db554bad402aeb4

“Roger that, gwwar! Your orders now on file for this round are:”

✔ mission 5
✖ use green blaster 105
   [ERR] Alas, but I have no way to parse 'use green blaster 105' as a command. :(
2 Likes

Naturally, and thanks for the loan of. I’ll include its return when I file orders.

(Don’t ratchet up the subsonic when facing the ship’s compositors. Found THAT out the hard way.)

4 Likes

SuitPal 9000: “Mission Log Auto upload initiated.”

Quirky: “Actually, I’d like to review those fir—”

PING.

SuitPal 9000: “Cam Zero One uploaded.”

Quirky: “—ssssssst.”

14 Likes

Preliminary Mission Analysis

It’s simple.

WE NEED GOLD

Mission 2: small chance of GOLD
Mission 4: good chance of GREEN/GOLD
Mission 5: ~50% chance of GOLD

We’re also going to want RED. Mission 4 has a small chance for RED, Mission 1 an extremely small chance.

Mission 1 For tough guys

Nifty salvage opportunities, but punishing damage. Only go on this mission if you have at least 60 HP and high POW.

Mission 2 NO DAMAGE MISSION.

Might be expensive in Juice. Takes 30U to embark, and each failed “lost” roll will cost an additional 25U. Only go on this mission if you have (or can acquire) at least 80 U. Given that our repair bay isn’t working, and may not be for some time, a damage-less mission is actually a pretty good idea.

This mission will benefit greatly from a “Star” Guardian with High SEN.
The candidates are:

Naughty Boy @uphill SEN 38
Princess Rembrandt @DreamboatSkanky SEN 35
Honeywine @rkt88edmo SEN 34

Folks on this mission should pick one of these guardians to be the “Star” Guardian, and then increase SEN of the “Star” by TRADE of high SEN items to the “Star” and/or helping the “Star” purchase one or more HUD.

Update: Both Naughty Boy and Princess Rembrandt have stepped forward to be the “Star” Guardian for Mission 2. GREAT. Two things to keep in mind.

1. Everyone on Mission 2 is depedent on the single Guardian with the highest SEN to find their way home. Losing too many “Lost” rolls (roughly a coin toss) will cause you run out Juice and die in the cold, hard vacuum of sapce.
  2. Each scavenger can only doe one TRADE per turn, so if you loan stuff to your “Star” Guardian, you may have to wait in line to get it back

Again only depart for Mission 2 if you have AT LEAST 80 U on hand.

Mission 3 Low cost/ Low risk / Low return mission

Damage will be especially low if you have high POW and/or DEF. Given that our repair bay isn’t working, and may not be for some time, a mission that only costs 5U and should deliver less than 20 damage for most Scavengers is pretty appealing

Mission 4 THE SWEET SPOT
Folks on this mission should pick one of Scholars to be the “Star” Guardian, and then increase SCI of the “Star” by TRADE of high SCI items to the “Star” and/or helping the “Star” purchase one or more mass_spectrometer.

Sweetness @penguinchris SCI 30
Professor @monkeyoh SCI 27
Princess Jabbers @SteampunkBanana SCI 26

Sweetness @penguinchris has already stepped forward to be that “Star” Scholar. When she re-submits her orders with the funded purchasse, her SCI will be 40.

Modest 10-30 damage, great salvage opportunities Join in! Best chance for GOLD (for non-Diggers), best chance for RED.

Mission 5 GREAT MISSION FOR DIGGERS

For diggers, only. If you’re a digger, go for it. Free, great salvage, light damage, but about a third of you are going to really “piss it off,” whatever that means.

“Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science.”
― Edwin Hubble

–Hans “Philosolobster” Landau

9 Likes

@messana

One small thing. @SeaLion has the handle “Whiskers” and is a Warden.

Thank you.

3 Likes

Entirely so. Corrected!

2 Likes

Here’s what I’m thinking:

If I up my SEN with a couple of HUD, I stand a fair chance at Mission 2. However, that leaves me little Ʉ to work my way out should something go awry.

So here’s my proposal: loan me some Ʉ, and I’ll pay you back on your terms if I get back. I reckon I need about 50-75Ʉ to be safe.

Additionally, if anybody (or bodies) would like to donate their LIDAR for this go-round, I’ll happily return it polished and attenuated. (Hello, Whiskers! Hello, Shiny! Hello, Princess! Hello, Goldie!)

Plus, I’m gay for mazes. There, I said it.

@Kassandra SUBMIT
BUY HUD
BUY HUD
TRADE Sensor_Suite @daneel
MISSION 2
END

6 Likes
  > iotrap.dreamboatskanky: 0x4fead09b19ddfe0978f7ee50f70eea2c6bbefb04

“Roger that, dreamboatskanky! Your orders now on file for this round are:”

✔ buy hud
✔ buy hud
✔ trade sensor_suite @daneel 
✔ mission  2
1 Like

@uphill - Hey Naughty Boy - if you are going to run the guardian mission I will send you 50U to pick up some extra SEN if you will trade it back to me next round. Please reply or msg if you agree.

I’m contemplating what the consequences of getting lost and running out of juice are…

@Kassandra SUBMIT
TRADE Targeting_Algorithm @steampunkbanana
PAY 50 @uphill
PAY 10 @Kassandra
MISSION 2
END

7 Likes