Badass Dragon Scavengers of the Void - The Wreck of the Coleridge

A lubrication issue is preventing me from sitting down. I will stand here.
14 Likes

Well, thatā€™s odd.

Where did this come from?

I havenā€™t seen this amazing wax in decades! Can anybody help give me a bit of shine? I have a sixth finger that can pay you backā€¦

7 Likes

7 Likes

[ā€œSixfinger Moeā€ promptly sticks his sixth finger down the monitor lizardā€™s throat]

ā€œWell, okay, if thatā€™s your thing. Didnā€™t catch your name, by the by.ā€

[Shrmurfgle murgle]

ā€œOh, I say, please speak up. Donā€™t be shy.ā€

4 Likes

kaff! kaff! pppt!

[Claws at the ring for the See-n-'Slate. Pulls.]

ā€œOnly meant to express astonishment, initially. But you knowā€¦smak, smakā€¦that six-finger stuff isnā€™t really all that badā€¦ā€

5 Likes

ā€œIā€™m Quirky, by the way. I mean, Iā€™m not ā€˜quirkyā€™, reallyā€¦Iā€™m really a pretty straight-laced kind of a guy. Thatā€™s my name, I mean, Quirky. Itā€™s the sound my clutch-mother made when my egg droppedā€¦well, close to it. Really more like [ā€˜k-k-k-kr-rrr-iw-wrrr-kk-k-eeeee!ā€™] , but you try putting that on some of these forms, yeah? Well, anyhow, I guess I got off easier than the next egg, whose name was [Sigh.]. Kumquat. Quirky Kumquat.ā€

4 Likes

[The gently-ticking Bananaā€™s newly-shined carapace seems to glow even redder, if thatā€™s possible. Perhaps itā€™s headed into the infra- or ultra- or hyper-red.]

ā€œMy good sir, I do apologize! I merely meant to proffer payment for your kind assistance. I dare say your lizard clutches are much the same as our mechanical bunches, back on the cog-plantations. Many are the bunch-mates of mine who could tell similar stories, I imagine!ā€

[The Banana takes a sip from his glass.]

ā€œSo what brings you to these parts? We all have our tales of hardship, but itā€™s rather more an adventure that we all crave, is it not? A break from the routine and hum-drum, an escape from the, shall I say, clutches of conformity?ā€

4 Likes

ā€œOh, indeed, yes.ā€

[Pushes aside the tray of rollicking steak fries.]

ā€œWhat brought me here, you say? Well, sirā€¦I presume ā€˜sirā€™ā€¦I guess you could say a rapidly expanding litter of twirlies brought me here. Theyā€™re the beasties that are at the core of the old hamster-type spin-drive I have on my ship. Slow starting, but no stoppinā€™ ā€˜em once they get goinā€™. And ever so maneuverableā€¦ā€

[Flicks tongue over what I guess is supposed to be coffee.]

ā€œā€˜Kinda like your mom on a first dateā€™, my engineer used to say.ā€

[Taps claws on table. Tap-tap-tap.]

ā€œWell, sold off the last one, and back to just the one, now. Not much else around for light-years, so it was this or join the circus. Again.ā€

[Flicks tail, squints at the warning label on the Banana Ketchup.]

ā€œOh.ā€

5 Likes

I understand that T. Rump has the most money, but does anyone else find it ironic that he also has the most science?

-Laundau

4 Likes

Of course I have the most science. Iā€™m big into science! And for the record, I donā€™t have the most juice. Someone had 25 juice. I had hoped the juice stat would have been manually adjusted for meā€¦ upward, then upward some more, and upward again.

I notice also I have no listed inventory. Let me show you my personal communicator assistant sub-etha connection to my millions of fans:

6 Likes

so Iā€™m not even piloting a shipā€¦and Iā€™m surrounded by dancing vegetablesā€¦and thereā€™s only one other brother moose and his tagalong in this jointā€¦

wtf was I thinking.

Well, at least I have the best looking exosuit for now.

8 Likes

Think Iā€™ll have a drink while I wait for my mission start time to roll around.

Anyone care to join me? Have a drink, share a few stories?

6 Likes

A few stories? Like the time I bombarded Mars with a succession of icy asteroids?

Good times. Shame Watney wasnā€™t still around ā€“ I think he would have enjoyed the show.

6 Likes

Badass Space Banking, Spike mutters into his glass of miracle-gro.

9 Likes

So there I was, collecting space isotopes, when my comm unit started buzzing. A ship-to-scavenger call from an undisclosed ship. Some guy who claims to have known my new exosuitā€™s previous owner. Said his name is Maurice, if you can believe that. Sounded like a real space cowboy to me. Anyway, this Maurice guy apparently owes a lot of Juice to the wrong people and is looking to call in some debts. Now I donā€™t want to start any rumours, but he said there is a big stash of Ʉ tucked away somewhere on the Coleridge. Somewhere ā€œwarm and cosyā€. Thatā€™s all he would say before he hung up on me.

Iā€™m heading down to the infirmary to do some treasure hunting after this drink. Whoā€™s coming with me?

4 Likes

Pardon me, Monsierā€¦Greenarm, is it?

I couldnā€™t help but notice the tremble in your quills. Something about space wanking got you down?

Seelo slides over a tall glass of venutian rainwater caught via honeydew leaves

6 Likes

Itā€™s 10 pm.

Do you know where your scavengers are?

3 Likes

Suiting up, ready for the void.

5 Likes

ā€œThe anticipation is almost palpable!ā€, said Dakota, as the scavengers wait in their mission deployment bays.

ā€œDefinitely, whatever ā€˜palpableā€™ means,ā€ replied Browf. ā€œIā€™m anticipating something, and I hope itā€™s a huge amount of safe salvage!ā€

6 Likes

Looks around, finds an unoccupied computer terminal in the corner

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++ SCHMOOGLE INTERSTELLAR EMAIL SYSTEM ++++

TO: Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  EpsilonOmegaMu @ SiriusGalactic.edu
SUBJ: Ā  Ā  Vacation Photos!

Hello old friend!

I hope this message finds you in good health. You really
should take a vacation some time soon! I know that you
have the time accrued, so why donā€™t you get away? Surely
enough profs at the uni would be happy to make some extra
juice by covering your classes. Remember when we used
to take group trips every year? Weā€™d all contribute to the
fund and rent a big place for the summer. I was looking at
the photos from our last trip together, when we climbed
up that mountain on that little planet orbiting Kolchab.
Rising early in the mornings, eating our meals with monks
in the village, the solar sailing sessionsā€¦ Those were
two of the best weeks of my life! I wish it had been
months instead of weeks. So much fun!

Photos from my current vacation are attached. Can you
include them in your next mass-pack email? I donā€™t have the
new addresses for everyone and I donā€™t want to accidentally
pass anyone over! I know the family likes pictures more than
words these days, so Iā€™m sending a bunch of them! Thanks
for sending them onward - Iā€™m hoping that the current
govā€™t internet system is robust enough to handle such big
files. Hope to see you soon! I miss you.

-Puppis

+++++++++++++++END TRANSMISSION+++++++++++++++

8 Likes