Badass Space Dragon 2.0 - Round 1 - Monospace

Plus, some crates might have blue algae in them.

Trust me, you DO NOT want to be cleaning that up. A Magic Tree just won’t cut it.

Natasha make glorious revolution against Unizone capitalist pig-dog profiteers?

5 Likes

From each according to ability, to each according to need

1 Like

Chacun Γ  son goΓ»t.

1 Like

Our fleetmatesss do not ssspeak idly thisss time. Sssome, sssuch as Falkayn, will remember the fate of a particular ship which met a ssspectacular end due entirely to misssfortunately ssstowed cargo. My late nessst-brother Ssssskipper, of the Flatulent Deity, memorialized the incident in sssong:

Hobar! Hobar! Mighty Hobar! PingPing Pandan’s ship
Was first among us brave enough to take The Final Trip.
With cargo hold stuffed ceiling-high with ordnance to sell,
Her attitudinal dampeners failed, and blew her ass to Hell.

Ssstow your cargo sssecurely, fly ssstraight and true, and protect your reputation as well as your hull integrity.

7 Likes

Ah the Hobar

PingPing Pandan was good captain and a loyal freighter. He is missed by many, not the least his customers. A shame for all of us that his luck ran out so early.

At least his spectacular end reminds all to focus on that third part of my trip-partite mantra:

Enjoy Today. Make Money. Stay Alive

-Falkayn

1 Like

(( Out of character, but fully and securely on topic… ))

(( I first learned this tune with some alternate lyrics… ))

2 Likes

Heh. My old band played the hell out of that song. Until now, I’d never heard Johnny’s version!

1 Like

According to the Unizone SafetyInspectionBot, my ship actually has pretty decent stats! Especially considering that I didn’t install any weapons back on Mars, and my cabin isn’t even air-tight, much less shielded. The computer at the parts shop told me that the shield boosters alone would tap into my existing systems to give me a working shield. I still need to work on those airtight seals, though.

I’m a bit wary of running guns and fighting space pirates when my primary weapon is my laser-deflector side-view mirrors, and I overheard Captain Falkayn suggest there might be political repercussions to some of these missions. Since I’m so unfamiliar with space politics, I think I need to play it fairly safe. But considering how much work I need to do on my ship, I don’t think I can afford to take the safest mission. Since I’m fairly flush with cash, I can afford to buy in to mission 2 and not worry about falling into space debt. Wish me luck!

+β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”+β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”-β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”+
////Unizone Partner Parts Shop & MissionZone Receipt		    ROUND ONE////
+β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”+β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”+β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”+
|SHIP NAME: PLEIADES 360		| REGISTRY: MARS	|		|
+β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”+β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”+β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”+
|CUSTOMER: PHUONG NGUYEN		| AFFILIATION: UNIZONE CONTRACTOR	|
+β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”+β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”-β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”+
|										|
|PARTNER PARTS PURCHASED:		CREDIT:					|
|										|
|-UNIZONE SHIELD BOOSTERS (+2 ST)	-b10					|
|										|
|										|
|MISSIONZONE ACTIVITY:			CREDIT:					|
|										|
|-SELECTED MISSION 2 - CARGO DELIVERY	-b10					|
|										|
|										|
|				TOTAL:	-b20					|
|		       PAYMENT METHOD:	 DIRECT CREDIT				|
|	 SIGNATURE:								|
+β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”+β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”-β€”β€”β€”β€”+β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”-+
|	 |	 _ __                   _ __                  	    |		|
|	 |	( /  )/                ( /  )                 	    |		|
|	 |	 /--'/_ , ,___ _  _,    /  /_, , ,__  ,_ _ _  	    |		|
|	 |	/   / /(_/(_) / /(_)_  /  ((_)(_// (_/(// / /_	    |		|
|	 |	                  /|        /|      /         	    |		|
|	 |	                 (/        (/      '         	    |		|
+β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”+β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”-β€”β€”β€”β€”+β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”-+
|										|
|		    REMAINING BALANCE:	b1.5					|
|										|
|										|
|				 HOW DID WE DO?					|
|		      TAKE OUR SURVEY TO BE ELIGIBLE TO WIN			|
|			       A Ιƒ.100 GIFT CARD!				|
|										|
|				YOUR CASHIER WAS:				|
|				      MOMO					|
|										|
|										|
|			  	    THANK YOU					|
|				HAVE A UNIZONE DAY				|
|										|
7 Likes

Let’s be careful out there.

10 Likes

Let’s be honest – Browf is a nice guy, one of the best! - but who among us, when nobody is watching, hasn’t wanted to hit a moose?

Β 

Not me, that’s for sure. Moose are our friends, not punching bags!

That’s what toasters are for.

3 Likes

Oh, that kind of hit…

1 Like

That wasn’t really what I meant, but hey! Better than with a hive-queen.

Β 

[L’abeille de la cosmos, c’est moi]

But how else would you get more bees?

4 Likes

Cloning.

It were good enough for me dad, and his dad, and his dad’s dad afore-him.

Effing queens, always going on about their hives, and production quotas, and worker rotas, and their spermathecas, and egg production, and drones, and their sisters, and their daughters, and how the new neighbors are almost certainly cuckoos, and how colony collapse disorder was created by the space-Rosicrucians, and how bee-flight is so effing amazing that no science can explain it it just works and how that’s a sign of divine providence blah blah blah like nobody has ever seen a jetpack before. SPACE-CHRIST.

I am sick unto death of queens. I made that mistake once, never gonna do it again.

Don’t get me wrong – I love a space-hive, rolling in pollen, a good spit-up after, and the wax is the life.

But I could do without ever talking to another queen ever again.

Okay, enough of that. So sorry.

How 'bout some drum-n-bass instead?

2 Likes

As of 9 am, Thursday PST, twenty-three of forty captains have signed on for missions

2 Mission 1 - Courier
  7 Mission 2 - In the Margins
 14 Mission 3 - About Face

Space Lizards are again engaged well beyond their numbers. All four have declared a mission, while only half of the other species have done so.

M?  N   Species
11  20   Human
 4   4   Space Lizard  
 4   8   Space Lobster
 4   8   Space Moose

I have noticed something odd about the missions. The expected rewards in Space Bits are remarkably similar to the expected ship damage. Interesting.

Something you should know about Unizone corp: Managers within its bloated bureaucracy are terrified of being blamed for a bad decision, that the committees aren’t hierarchical, they’re recursive. The endless rounds of meetings leads to an odd preference for round numbers. So I won’t be surprised if it will cost one space bit to fix one HP of ship damage.

If that proves to be the case, then, on average, all the missions are roughly equivalent! The only difference is how much risk one wants to take.

Remember:

1. Enjoy Today.
  2. Make Money
  3. Stay Alive

Applying these to the current mission choices:

1. This past week at Duck’s, along with a few side excursion, has certainly been enjoyable.
  2. Each mission is likely to make about the same amount of money on average, once repairs are paid for.
  3. For me, Stay Alive requires, first and foremost, minimizing damage to the Muddlin’ Through. Other captains may choose to minimize or maximize some other measure of β€œliving.”

I will be taking Courier packages to distant moons, unless someone gives me a strong reason not to. I actually like these missions. Isolated communities are so appreciative of a visitor, especially one that brings the entrancing baubles and entertainments the Muddlin’ Through carries for just such occasions. I always leave with more than I came with, most of all new friends in unexpected places.

Mission Sign Up Closes 2 AM Thursday Morning, California time.
(@patrace : does Unizone corp have an am/ pm problem? that mission close time seems 12 hours too soon)

@BradfordBenn @deisum @Agfish

4 Likes

8 Likes

Dave (@bizmail_public), thanks for doing all that math, sometimes I get, well a little confused on the numbers. And probably why I’m in the hole to people who want to take my kneecaps away.

I don’t want to be the last to the party with guns and overwhelm the market, I’ll be taking Mission 1 instead.

2 Likes

Grand Striped Blazer Mission 1 - Courier

The Grand Striped Blazer will start out nice and quiet after the last run-in with the Cardigan Sweaters. Now to business!

1 Like

David Falkayn, Muddlin’ Through

b17.5    starting Starbits
-b10     Unizone Communications Enhancement Software Kit(+5 EN)
-b5      Mission 1 - Courier
---
b2.5     ending Starbits.

As a pilot new to certain parts of this β€˜business enterprise’ I certainly appreciate your helpful commentary on expected values and outcome.

While a moose’s rack can be measured in it’s palm spread and points, together our abilities are boundless, even if you are a squishy meatsuit.

While I keep an eye on profit I certainly agree that mission two seems to be an amoose bouche, and certainly some ships will be better suited for it than others. I like to run in straight lines and prefer to save my tines for the more crucial times.

2 Likes