Badass Space Dragon - GM Toolkit Development

OH WOW

I presume that the representation of outer limits is relative to the pack of players (as we don’t have any info as to a stat cap).

2 Likes

I’m currently using chartjs to create that graph. It’s choosing the max axis based on your highest value (which happens to be TQ). If I map all users on the graph it’ll probably choose whatever highest value someone has.

I’ll whip up a group example tonight if I have time.

1 Like

Neato, I’m a duck head

1 Like

Uh, makes me think of Sweden and Finland, if you know what I mean (nsfw).

1 Like

Ah, so it gives a representation of one’s own strengths / weaknesses (S/W) relative to oneself (ipsative) rather than one’s S/W compared to others in the group (normative) and also rather to one’s S/W compared to the full range of ability (aptitude).

Normative would probably be the best comparison for most - individuals could see if they are ahead of others or significantly weaker, and thus this would help them when deciding what to upgrade. Normative comparison would also help group min-max strategists like @bizmail_public, to see at a glace whether folks going to mission X looked unbalanced compared to mission Y.

1 Like

Here’s a group example: http://jsfiddle.net/gwwar/23cgm/ There’s no fancy number crunching yet, but it should give you a good idea on how a particular team stacks up.

7 Likes

I think it basically just says I’m all round awesome.

2 Likes

that’s so awesome. I can totally see @bizmail_public, and others, poring over three of these, one for each group signed up for each mission option. spiffy data viz, gwwar.

I’m on the road now so can’t tinker with it…but i want to!

2 Likes

This is FANTASTIC.

Thank You.!

2 Likes