($14000) Scrap Metal x 7
($2000) Mini Mondo Cannon x 1
($27000) Moonshine x 3
($6000) Clover x 6
($3500) Hull Density Upgrade x 7
($175) Victory Party/Elect Presssident Nixssson Fund

Sssskint!

2 Likes

I like your foreign policy, Nixxxon. Unusssually forthright and direct for your clan, but I like it.

1 Like

Did we ever settle the question of hull density adjustments? If i am on 100/100 hp and then i pay for 10 density upgrades do I go to 100/110 or 110/110?

[quote=“CaptainPedge, post:23, topic:11532, full:true”]
Did we ever settle the question of hull density adjustments? If i am on 100/100 hp and then i pay for 10 density upgrades do I go to 100/110 or 110/110?
[/quote]110/110 -Brand new HP!

Hmmm, naturally everyone’s jumping on Mission 1, because we’ve all spent the last seven missions mostly upgrading our firepower and shields. We could all jump there, but without Pete and Ella’s well-thought-out three-pronged-attack, the bastards will most likely raze us all to the ground anyway. And then this star system will be stuck with mind-numbing Coalition TV for the rest of eternity.

Though slightly drunk after drinking heavily to our dead companions, I’m going to take a moment to tally a list of our remaining tattered resistance (those who seem AWOL excluded):

Ship	         HP	FP	SH	EN	ST	LK	CASH	GRIT
Burnt Asbestos	27/124	42	43	31	22	34	$1474	17
Cobra II	133/154	47	39	34	41	50	$60274	13
First Post1	2/180	53	29	21	16	36	$14044	15
Grey Mouser	60/100	29	34	32	27	23	$8567	13
I.M.V. Flat...	168/200	41	43	34	28	57	$0	29
Insane1	        64/112	41	28	30	17	41	$21240	15
Jewel of...     92/142	41	55	31	29	57	$3700	34
Mistaker II	19/100	18	19	18	16	39	$2500	7
Muddlin' 	42/153	51	49	45	31	55	$15554	34
Pusillanimous   134/164	62	50	43	33	59	$5675	27
Quisquiliae     55/100	20	30	23	22	28	$9680	19
Senescent       151/160	36	35	22	25	33	$0	23
The TARD-iss	95/132	27	28	26	23	33	$800	13

The three missions focus on 1) Firepower, Shields; 2) Stealth; 3) Engineering

From the table above, a couple things jump out, even to my bleary eyes.

Pusillanimous Patty is a fighting beast.
The Cobra II is highest in stealth.
Muddlin’ Through and Pusillanimous Patty are high in engineering.
Cobra II, Insane1, and Muddlin’ Through have got the largest cash reserves, so can upgrade further than the rest of us.

Ok, Captain Q’a’strastro out, while I return to the bar. I’ll leave the Strategizing Stick here on the floor, since for some reason my eyes can’t seem to focus on the rest of you. Why are there suddenly two of each of you?

3 Likes

You just made me a happy lizard

1 Like

Note : The Jewel and the Muddlin’ are both Gritty enough to be fear-free.

Missssssion 3 is Engineering heavy. Obviously the one for Muddlin’.
153hp, to lossse all this would require 26 perfect 6HP hits. Engineering of > 74 would make this imposssssible. Fix up, Two Cram Sesssionsss, job’sss a good 'un.

Missssssion 2 is Stealth heavy. Cobra II could kick ass here easily. 154 HPs means ssshe’sss sssafe if sssshe getsss hit by lessss than 19 turretsss. Fix up, one heat muffler, and Robert’sss your mother’sss brother.

I may need to think about the Matter Disssruptor Ray, though…

1 Like

The Muddlin’ Through is pretty banged up and I have a lot to report back to Nicholas Van Rijn, so I may not post again for many hours.

In the mean time, Prima Facie analysis of the Missions 1, 2, and 3 :

1. If don’t have a hat GET ONE. ** Do not choose Mission 1, 2, or 3 without a hat**

2. GRIT, LK, SH, and HAT do not affect mission choice, as these operate in (essentially) the same manner in all three missions. I’ll call this the “baseline risk”

3. Each of the three missions have that “baseline risk” shared by all three missions, plus a “marginal risk” unique to that mission that is heavily dependent on a single “marginal stat.”

4. The Mission 1 “marginal stat” is the lesser of FP and SH. A Ship with 99 SH and 99 FP, would not suffer any “marginal damage” (damage due to “marginal risk”). A ship with 40 SH and FP would mathematically “expect” to suffer 110 HP of “marginal damage”

5. The Mission 2 “marginal stat” is ST. A 100 ST would not suffer any “marginal damage” (damage due to “marginal risk”). The formula is easy: expected “Marginal Damage” is ( 225 - 2.25* ST) hp. Thus, a ship with 56 ST would “expect” about 100 HP of “marginal damage”.

6. The Mission 3 “marginal stat” is EN. A 100 EN would not suffer any “marginal damage” (damage due to “marginal risk”). I can not compute the expected damage of this mission until Pete or El explains more clearly what it means to “command” a drone. **Are drones under “command” removed from the battle, or are drones under “command” fighting for the ship “commanding” the drone? **

7. None of these three appear to be “pig-pile” missions. If so, there is far less need to co-ordinate. Every ship should take the best mission for that ship. Except that:

If only one mission is solved, there’s still a small chance the Scylla
will turn back to ICUPville. If two are solved, a greater chance. If
three are solved, KaBOOOOOOM!

By my estimate, we are down to 9 involved players likely to co-ordinate, including Senescent Wander. Will El throw a snit if she’ can’t work the Asteroid of F*****cking Doom? (UPDATE: I guess not :smile: ) And is Ella working with Pete, meaning she left the Coalition?

** Please Sign in Below with you initial mission preference, so that we can get a “head count” to see what might work **

I’m doing 1. Makess sssenssse with high FP and SH already.

I can’t guarantee sssuccesss, but I’m down to worrying about getting hit by 5 worssst cassse fightersss, the Fear, and the Matter Disssruptor Ray, and the risssk of the lassst two isss 0.5%. If sssomeone a little flusssher wantsss to throw $5k my way (posssibly lessss), I can’t lossse.

Edit: Yeah, I CAN guarantee it.

Riding mondo-cannon fire is a lot like riding one of the old earth, inter-system ships with their clumsy ORION drives.

If you concentrate, you can almost feel each blast - but the general effect is an unnerving continuum; a buzzing, rather than the expected dull roar of the sub-lights or the keening of the supras.
What’s kind of terrifying is that in order to slow down I have to fire directly ahead of myself…

I gouge a rather fetching series of grooves in the outer carbonaceous crust of the Asteroid of…

Housedamn. These 'synths out here are so polite.

…The Asteroid of Fucking Doom as I nose inward, killing the mondo-cannon at the last minute and drifting in to the guts of this hollow rock.

It’s a nice piece of work. Its reminds me of the Koysaner Fastness - the rock we dropped on the Majid world-nest before Ed came up with the cruel idea of blasting it apart from its icy core. Actually, it’s rather better appointed; Ella and Pete have done well.

There are familiar ships here - storied ships. I wish I could convey just how … relieved I am to see some of them still intact, but I won’t bore you with sentiment.

We’ve destruction to ponder.

Provisional structures and kits:
9 x Hull Repairs = $900
60 x Hull Density Adjustment = $30000
4 x Scrap Metal = $8000
1 x HAT (Hardware Augmentation Technology v 1.2b) = $10000

The H.A.T., curiously, seems to take the form of a sombrero.

I can live (and die) with that…

We never got to take on the bastard before; now we’re one of the lucky few who stand between Scylla and Charybdis (ha!) and we’re going to enjoy every Housedamn moment of it.

Mission 1

Mission 2

Mission 3

2 Likes

There’s about… oh… $1100 in store credit lurking on the Senescent Wanderer’s account.

I figure we blow that tidy sum on booze. To share, you know. Tooty salooty mortis etcetera.

3 Likes

Great Work

That table makes a lot clear. Yes, tentatively, I’ll take the Muddlin’ Through on Mission 3.

Azdel, our engineering officer, will be delighted that our mission does not directly cause suffering. Today his mediation object was this book , so I think he is looking forward to “commanding” the drones.

If Jewel of the Desert survives Mission 1, Captain Adelie “wins” on GRIT. I don’t give damn. I never did figure out how to turn a profit on the stuff.

“Enjoy Life. Make Money. Stay Alive.”

Now, does anybody know what gutter Jameson is passed-out in so he can get the Mark II tuned up for Mission 2?

After the latest upgradessss, the Deity has 63FP and a whopping 210HP. Sssshields are sssturdy at 65. Sssshe’ll take a pounding and a half. Not sssso ssstealthy anymore, but Engineering’s not half bad, sssso if we find oursssselves short a drone hacker but flush with big gunnersss, I can reconfigure and reassssign before tomorrow night.

1 Like

Ssslight cortectssshion, Captain Falkayn - LK isss more important on missssssion 1. Thisss isss why I am loading up on moonssshine inssstead of gunsss or ssshields.

I have run the analysssisss and sssuccsssesss isss guaranteed.

True.

However “(40-LK/2)%” is a small difference from “(35-LK/2)%”. The effect is tiny, for example, relative to forgetting one’s hat, which is why I wrote " (essentially) the same "

But Leiberians don’t wear hats! We don’t even wear clothes! Luck has been proven statistically to not exist! We’re getting hosed here, Marvin. How do you feel about citrus?

Not if you want to make the risssk 0%.

35 - (LK*.85)/2 < 0
Solve for LK, > 83

40 - (LK*.85)/2 < 0
Solve for LK, > 94

I don’t like to take chancesss :slight_smile:

Oh, now my nickname is panties? forehead slap

I might put an MDMA in your spleen juice & send you up to Tiny’s room if you don’t watch it

Monday is Pirate Parrrty Night, and Karaoke. Will you please hiss us a traditional lizard song?

I sssay you ssshould really rub ICUPs nosssesss in it.

You can afford to increase your EN to 100 and your luck to 70.

Do that and you can complete missssssion 3 without taking a ssscratch. Fly the Muddlin’ in asss ssshe issss, battle ssscarsss an’ all.

“After an hour of calculations and running simulations, here is our report on the up coming battle.”

Fritz scanned the data streaming in. “Sooooooo - if we choose Mission 2 with have a slightly higher than a snow balls chance in Hell of making it out alive.”

“Affirmative.” said Martin, with a noted raise of pitch in his voice.

Memo
To: Recipients Redacted
Encryption: PFG

“… to help out our cause and the attack on the Scylla, I can provide $50,000 worth of upgrades to your ship…”

“Well - isn’t that nice of him, Marvin? We might just have a fighting shot after all; run the numbers again.”