Balls Out Bowling: the nudist event splitting opinions

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/08/balls-out-bowling-the-nudist-event-splitting-opinions.html

3 Likes

Before we get going, I just want to say to the commenters here, get your minds out of the gutter.

31 Likes

goodnakedbadnaked

15 Likes

Katy Perry Reaction GIF by Idols Global

8 Likes

The Nude abides.

21 Likes

Personally not interested, but this is really not an activity where there’s much risk that normal clothing would protect against, as far as I can tell. Am I missing something?

5 Likes

Apparently you’re missing your plate armor every time you go bowling. I’m scandalized.

6 Likes

Whatever you do, do NOT sit on the ball return.

2 Likes

Apparently I’ve been making bad fashion choices all this time because very little of my wardrobe includes Kevlar or armored padding.

4 Likes

But the hand blower, that’s A-OK.

4 Likes

We used to play co-ed naked Ultimate Frisbee in college, against other schools.

That said, it was a hippy-ish New England liberal arts college and there was occasionally (though not always) a fair amount of weed and beer involved.

Rather more chance of injury than in bowling, I think, but I never knew of anyone getting hurt.

2 Likes

even as a bowler, i fail to see why this needs to be a thing.

1 Like

Tell me you’re not a nudist without telling me you’re not a nudist…

2 Likes

tell me you’re thankful without telling me…

3 Likes

I’m all for the existence of an activity like this. I don’t think I could participate in it due to cultural programming and self-consciousness, but I want things like this to exist for people more free than I am.

Bowling shoes required, though. You don’t want to see the injuries associated with not allowing people to slide when they throw the ball.

5 Likes

This reminds me. I need to get my thumb hole re-drilled.

3 Likes

Hey, if you can manage the flipping and flopping around in nude volleyball, you can definitely handle a little wibble-wobbling during nude bowling.

1 Like

Because if you do, they will not.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.