Bambi will be "vicious killing machine" in new horror movie after original book enters public domain

" Deer removed nestlings quickly (5–19 sec/nest) at night (22:00 to 05:17 Central Daylight Time) and left no evidence of predation. Although probably opportunistic, deer predations clearly were deliberate and likely are more common than generally believed."

" On Rhum, Inner Hebrides, red deer were watched biting the heads off manx shearwater chicks and occasionally also chewing the shearwaters’ legs and wings to excise bone. Killing of birds and the selective ingestion of bone-rich parts by ruminants has not previously been widely documented."

Deer also eat lemmings. But who doesn’t? Lemmings are central to arctic ecology, a comparable role to sand-plankton on Arrakis.

1 Like

It is not so clear from the observations whether deer carnivory extends as far as brain-eating cannibalism. However, it is hard to see a better explanation for Chronic Wasting Disease.

Just saying, dibs on the title “Zambi: The Outbreak Begins”.

3 Likes

True story: child actor Donnie Dunagan grew up to be a tough-as-nails Marine Major but spent his decades of military service secretly terrified that his peers would find out that he was the voice of the titular baby deer.

7 Likes

“Bring Me the Head of ‘Man’”

The catch is Man is already dead.

1 Like

Scott Jeffrey if you’re reading this and just to be sure it offends absolutely everyone, may I suggest

Klaus Bambi, Butcher of Lions

1 Like

From this, you see.

7 Likes

Wow… I really had no idea…

4 Likes

If they go with an Evil Dead-style demon possessed Bambi, then I’m on board. Any other scenario is less appealing.
Q680

6 Likes

Oh well played.

1 Like

According to absolutely reliable documentaries, it probably does.

2 Likes

don’t eat deer brains!
72fniz

5 Likes

There is obviously an audience for this whatever you call it type of film out there. Personally I’d stay away from them. Anybody know if the Banana Splits or Winnie the Pooh horror adaptations actually made money?

1 Like

They seemed like tax shelters or an advanced money laundering scheme.

Came to post these. hard to believe they’ve been around so long

1 Like

I was gonna say this was the closest we got to Banana Splits horror, it was a doozy though. But then I remembered there was a Banana Splits horror movie, Wikipedia says it made less than 300 grand. I’m going to have to add another 3 bucks to the take and rent it on Amazon.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.