Court orders deer poacher to watch ‘Bambi’ repeatedly as part of sentence

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/12/17/missouri-poacher-bambi.html

4 Likes

20gvth

20 Likes
6 Likes

/me slow claps, then stands

6 Likes

20 Likes

Dude should be doing a lot more time for the number of deer his crew took. Granted deer are a bit of pests, but poachers are just the worst.

9 Likes

Not severe enough of a punishment.

He should be forced to watch nothing BUT Disney’s entire canon prior to the year 1970, repeatedly.

10 Likes

They should make him eat mushrooms before each viewing.

10 Likes

oblig

13 Likes

I don’t approve of shooting the wild Bambis in the woods around here, but I feel differently about the Bambis eating my veggies and flowers and killing my shrubs and trees by using them to rub the moss off their antlers. The law says you can only shoot them some distance from town. I think it should be the opposite.

1 Like

All in all, I’m kind of stumped by this logic. Seeing the callous attitude he has for wildlife in the first place, I can’t see how a children’s movie is supposed to sway him toward rehabilitation. Unless it’s meant to aggravate him instead?

9 Likes

Considering the number of deer hunters who shoot themselves or each other every hunting season, do you really want those people running around within city limits shooting at things that they think might be deer?

Permit, I don’t know, bow hunting, or old fashioned spear hunting within city limits, but do all you can to keep the gun toting hunters out of range of non-hunters.

9 Likes

Still waiting for some bankers to be forced to repeatedly watch Oliver Twist.

9 Likes

“The deer were trophy bucks taken illegally, mostly at night, for their heads, leaving the bodies of the deer to waste,”

Goddammit! What could you even do with 100 heads? Are these idiots just using the antlers to make and sell antler Christmas trees? You can use shed antlers for that, dummies!

Assholes like this give real hunters (who get permits from conservation officers, based on what needs culling, and then eat what they kill) a bad name. I don’t eat meat myself, but I appreciate the people who keep the herds in check so we don’t have constantly have deer in town and moose on the roads, and then eat the smelly, gamey meat. Ick! Bastards who kill for fun should be strung up by their ankles and left to nature overnight.

5 Likes

It’s a start I guess, but then he should be stripped naked, left in the woods to survive by eating leaves and such, and then shot and beheaded.

3 Likes

Saw Bambi once while tripping hard. Had a hell of a time getting up the courage to simply maintain during the ticket buying and such, but once in it was a wonderful experience!

5 Likes

There was something locally about professional bowhunters who only shot straight down, while hanging out in trees, as a way to control the population.

2 Likes

I’ve never hunted, but my parents used to be friends with people who did, so we enjoyed the surplus from their freezers and ate lots of venison back when I was in high school.

What I learned: venison can be very delicious, but to get good venison, you have to avoid older animals (which would be trophy bucks - tough and gamy) and animals that died slowly. In short, hunting for a nice rack of antlers is an entirely different thing than hunting for animals that you’ll enjoy eating.

7 Likes

Yep. People who don’t hunt (or otherwise deal with game meat) and raise their own animals don’t realize how much a clean kill impacts the taste and tenderness. For me it all still smells revolting, whether it’s a “nice roast” or sausage meat. My siblings grew up appreciating raising and hunting their own animals and they hunt with their kids. Family holidays involve sausage making and a bit of competitive jerky sampling. I some how came out traumatized and have been off meat since I left home.

4 Likes

Deer have quite a large range, so they are likely to be the same deer. We have them in the woods and heathland around here and they also visit the garden from time to time - which means crossing at least one (it not two) busy roads.

3 Likes