Bamboo gone wild and neighbors from hell: Redditors share homeowning nightmares

I bought a house when I was in my mid 20s, stupidly (I knew I wasn’t going to be there for more than a few years…not sure what I was thinking). The bathroom for the main bedroom was on the front, street facing side of the house. That bathroom had a full height window. Facing that window was the toilet. If you were sitting down to do your business, and opened the blinds, you could wave at the neighbors as they walked by, and they could see you taking a shit.

5 Likes

Uk homes are tiny, and the North is normally cheaper than down south, but I think your talk 2k for shared bedroom in London atm.

Also got to think avg pay, as the uk is little over 30k a year, as pay rates are lower. But so are prices I was in sf the other year and it was $24 plus tax and tip for a 12" pizza where as over here it would be more like £12 including tax and we don’t tip.

If your on 30k, your prob taking home £2k after tax just mabye slightly less £1.9k so £900 is going to be 50% of a single person’s income, never mind Council tax, water, gas, electric on top of that.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.