Banker implicated in one of history's biggest frauds says boss beat him with a tiny baseball bat

There is one item of equipment about which I have a definite opinion. It is the swagger stick. It shall remain an optional item of interference. If you feel the need of it, carry it-- Gen David M Shoup. USMC.

1 Like

Bick drain = dick brain :: nucking futs = fucking nuts

1 Like

That gif appearing with this story is quite unpleasant.

Iā€™m of two minds on this one:

On the one hand, it would appear that we have a more or less textbook, mustache-twirlingly-sociopathic boss creating about as hostile a work environment as one can manage without either blue-collar occupational hazards or enough of a prurient interest in your subordinates to make sexually harassing them an attractive option.

Thatā€™s bad, Iā€™m against it, and it sounds like the manager in this situation should be first against the wall.

On the other hand, this is one of those hostile work environments where you get paid so well that your continued presence in the office is either consent or Stockholm Syndrome pretty damn quickly, not the usual ā€˜Iā€™m here because that paycheck really isnā€™t optionalā€™ arrangement; and even the poor, oppressed, peons are engaged in egregious malfeasance against basically everyone connected in some way to the economic apparatus of the developed world; so their little personal tragedies kind of pale in comparison.

In summary and conclusion, it sounds like this guy has a strong case against his employer for the hostile work environment, the proceeds of which I hope will help keep him well stocked at the prison commissary more or less forever.

5 Likes

Sure, but itā€™s a unicorn chaser by comparison with the story.

Wouldnā€™t it be nice if the creation of the Serious Fraud Office had in any way changed the conclusions drawn in the Roskill Report?

At least on this side of the pond, financial crimes of the 1970s and early '80s are starting to feel like nostalgic Norman Rockwell stuff by comparison to contemporary ones.

ā€œMan, remember when the S&L crisis seemed like serious business; and Long-Term Capital Management was a thermonuclear fuckup of historic proportions? I miss those simpler timesā€¦ā€

2 Likes

This would appear to be an example of the kind of business culture that creates malfeasance.

I respect this detailed explanation of the origins of the Serious Fraud Office, but I -still- want one of their t-shirts.

#jatsthethoke

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.