Banned Ralph Steadman beer label headed to court

Originally published at: Banned Ralph Steadman beer label headed to court | Boing Boing

7 Likes

Somehow the grumpy old men and meddlesome church ladies can’t figure out that they are motivating people to do what they are trying to forbid. I am putting this on my display beer shelf.

18 Likes

This is just silly. It’s not even one of Steadman’s more provocative beer label designs.

26 Likes

Silly liberals. Don’t they know “freedom” means being able to shoot others at your discretion or being able to infect others with your germs. It doesn’t mean freedom of expression …

16 Likes

this reminds me of this great story about Kent “Battle” Martin from back in the day. Money quote:

“He’s just amazingly finicky on stupid things that don’t really achieve any government purpose”

6 Likes

grid 17,83 enhance
Screenshot 2021-09-08 at 09-53-03 Banned Ralph Steadman beer label headed to court Boing Boing
wait… you’re kidding me. thats what’s got their knickers in a swivet!?

19 Likes

Maybe then can sell it to Wales, I gather they want one :smiley:

21 Likes

If bad taste in beer is banned in North Carolina, why do they still sell Bud, Miller, and Coors?

25 Likes

They’re probably envious of the generous proportions compared to their own shriveled imaginations. Poor little inadequate people resent the wildness portrayed by assumed liberals.

8 Likes

Capitulate but add a smoking loincloth.

4 Likes

Maybe these regulators thought this was a depiction of them?

8 Likes

Freaking Out George Costanza GIF

14 Likes

So. Does this mean that we can start painting over Jesus’s widdle baby-dick? The Roman Catholic Church should be okay with that, given its emasculation of Roman and Greek statues.

16 Likes

Or were made to feel jealous? :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

I mean even if it was depicting genitalia the overall style of the design is so stylized that it’d be impossible to find it in bad taste or erotic. I for one find the art work to be pretty cool.

10 Likes

In classical art, a small limp penis is a sign of wisdom, maturity, and self control.

9 Likes

Like the old joke.

“Ma’am, the boys are skinny-dipping half a mile up the creek. No one can see anything.”
“I can, with these binoculars!”

Some people put too much work into being offended.

20 Likes

They like to swivel* their knickers. That little appendage thing would clearly encumber any attempt at smooth knicker-swivelling, so of course they’d object.

*I assume you did mean swivel, unless swivet is some new urban usage I have failed to cromulate.

4 Likes

To safeguard morality the male genital must never be depicted in art! However as the Texas abortion bill demonstrates, its indiscriminate use in real life is Protected

4 Likes

All the state has to do is let people sue anybody for selling the beer instead of actually regulating against it. Civil rights are dead.

3 Likes