Barges strike Arkansas River dam

I wonder how much that

will contribute to the Gulf of Mexico Dead Zone?

7 Likes

Yeah, shit was scat-turd everywhere.

4 Likes

It will probably have some nasty local effects downstream, but this spill is almost 1000 river miles from the Gulf. Compared to the millions (billions?) of tons of agricultural runoff in the Mississippi watershed, this is a tiny pipette-ful of organic waste. :frowning:

8 Likes

Sadly, that perspective is probably correct…

3 Likes

If too many barges, etc. get jammed in the dam, the water will find another course.

That happened here when some trees got stuck under a bridge. They were able to pull the trees out with heavy equipment, but barges, I don’t think so.

1 Like

No problem. Chip and Joann can have that reno done in 5 weeks for $85,000.

1 Like

I was surprised how far I had to scroll to get a barged in pun. I was starting to think I might need to roll up my sleeves and get the special pun keyboard out.

3 Likes

Looking at the video… did those barges made a suicide pact?

1 Like

Thelma and Louise.

2 Likes

That dam sucks.

2 Likes

Aquatic reboot?

2 Likes

No sound? Here’s a suggestion [as barges strike the dam]:

1 Like

Animated and Aquatic

1 Like

Can you give me an Amazon link? I want a special pun keyboard… :star_struck:

Dam, I was hoping “fertilier” was some agricultural unobtainium I’d not previously heard about.

Also, striking how two barges look kind of like a memory stick in the thumbnail.

2 Likes

I wonder how deep it is at flood stage? How will they be able to assess the potential damage to the dam structure. Sure wouldn’t feel good about living down stream from that mess.

1 Like

Went tubing on the Guadalupe near Austin once. There’s a very minor little dam in it. You can opt to go around it, but if you’re adventurous (read: stupid) you can go over it. That little incident demonstrated to me once and for all the power of water.

4 Likes

I can remember being a kid in the sea at Aberystwyth. I was outside the surf line, and, even though the beach was only about 5 feet away, I simply couldn’t reach it. The undertow, that came up to my knees, wouldn’t let me move forwards back to the shore.

3 Likes

Things can be a bitch when IceT is accepted back by his family and becomes WaterT again.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.