Basset Hound plays piano while toddler dances (sound on!)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/09/24/basset-hound-plays-piano-while.html

7 Likes

Mr. Bassett on piano and vocals, with Miss Go-onshakeyerbooty on electric geetar.

6 Likes

having shared my life with both Bassets and Beagles, I think the first clip is the latter while the second is definitely the former.

7 Likes

I want this mashed up with the Pelosi announcement that the House will look into impeachment of Nostradumbass. Someone get on it!!!

It appears the hound is wearing a piano key patterned collar. I suspect this isn’t that dog’s first performance.

This is much better than some shows I’ve played (though that’s not saying much).

4 Likes

Very close to some alternative bubble universe. So many things happening at once, as if all physical laws are right at the edge of going off the rails.

I think that’s a Blue’s Clues guitar! I also like how she smashed it like Pete Townshend!

Meanwhile, I think the hound’s a bit pitchy.

1 Like

This is why I have a cat!

(Also the dog is cute.)

2 Likes

Dances with wolves

This. Speciation is important.

1 Like

That song sounds familiar, is it the pups take on a Howling’ Wolf tune?

1 Like

Ha, I don’t know if it’s important, but they are very different in size and behaviour, although similar enough in appearance that many people mix them up. Both scent hounds, beagles want to chase , bassets are content to find. Bassets are not very fast, but have great stamina…they’re essentially bloodhounds with short legs. Beagles are pack oriented, Bassets tend to value their opinion over all else. If you have several beagles following a scent, they tend to follow a leader; bassets will spread out and ponder a lot :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That is adorable at some one else’s house!

4 Likes

You’ve made quite the study of them - a lot of personal experience, I imagine.

1 Like

I used to hike a lot, some periods in my life every day, always with a hound dog. If you’re attentive to their behaviour, and have a good relationship with them, it’s like having an extension of your own senses

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.