Bathe in crude oil at Azerbaijan spa

You’ll have to explain it to me. As @shaddack likes to say (something like) “explained jokes are like cold pizza, still pretty good.”

1 Like

Certainly. Back in 1989, Joseph Hazelwood was the captain of the Exxon Valdez, which struck a reef and dumped 11 million gallons of oil into Prince William Sound, Alaska. He was a go-to punchline for a couple of years after that.

2 Likes

Ah, yeah… Never learned the name of the dude. Just that he was drunk at the helm. And that people are still de-greasing pelicans because he had what can be probably stated as the most awesome drunken bender of all history (as long as we’re going to use awesome in the biblical sense).

1 Like

Tea is a liquid.
Oil is a liquid.
I don’t think there’s layers of hidden meaning.

2 Likes

Bah. If you let the oil just sit out like that all the really zesty volatile fractions and delicious polycyclic aromatics evaporate. How are they supposed to suffuse and invigorate your pores and mucous membranes if they’ve evaporated years ago?

Demand better, demand fresh!

2 Likes

It would create a frothy Santorum-like emulsion

1 Like

I was just saying to a friend that wherever there was a warm sulfur water spring someone would build a spa and charge admission. i think this was probably a popular therapy for people with skin parasites like scabies, because a couple days soaking in sulfur would be enough to kill them.

1 Like

I remember hearing about this in middle school but that’s mostly due to see a pic in a magazine at school (I think NatGeo) of a topless woman getting out of that bath hah

They probably has to use very harsh cleaners to remove it. I remember growing up using a mix of heavy detergent and newspaper as our go-to “industrial” cleaner to clean even the toughest grease. So basically, after this crude oil remove perhaps a few layers from your outer skin, you’ll also strip some more from the harsh cleanser.

But I am not a scientist nor an expert in crude stripping. I can only think of using Dawn for this. :bath:

1 Like

For some forms of dermatitis, coal tar is still a widely-used topical remedy. Some people might benefit from soaking in oil.

Who? The patrons? Or the chiggers?

Anybody got a match?

2 Likes

quackery - you and I are 100% in agreement.

Science. not bullshit.

1 Like

i think of messy messy genitalia, and being very hard to clean from all follicles.

and yes, Dawn, Simple Green, Lava Soap

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.