Battle of the Brits: Beatle's grandson and Oasis singer's son get in a fist fight at a Tesco's

Originally published at: Battle of the Brits: Beatle's grandson and Oasis singer's son get in a fist fight at a Tesco's | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Will people talk about this as the most shocking harbinger of the end of civilization ever?

17 Likes

so wait, they are friends and got into a fight with the staff? shit, i was thinking they were fighting with each other, like some long-standing family grudge was coming to a head or something. it’s still so very very weird.

25 Likes

So, what is the British term for affluenza? Privilege Pox?

12 Likes

We just call them entitled little [short word, rhymes with hunts] usually.

13 Likes

See, if they’d had a Rolling Stones offspring with them they would have known better.

17 Likes

It don’t come easy, that champagne superstar.

6 Likes

1 Like

“‘Flow o’ Tea? Ta…’ Men Defend Their Families’ Musical Hono(u)r at the Publix of Their Realm.”

Starkey receiving two counts of assault by beating.

Yeah well of course. It’s in the genes. They were playing a game of guess this tune.

i think the title is written to imply that… lame.

that would’ve been way more interesting.

1 Like

I thought the same thing.

But I especially loved this part

affray

Word of the day.

2 Likes

The Gallagher brothers are big Beatles fanboys, so the title confused me.

4 Likes

Yeah - most misleading headline of the day award. I was totally expecting a story about those two fighting each other. (“Your dad totally ripped off my grandpa’s band” …“It was a HOMAGE, you dick” etc.)

@thomdunn (who probably does not control how clickbaity the headlines are composed to be)

3 Likes

I guess not everybody can be Mr. Jimmy.

I was talking to preachy-preach about kissy-kiss
He bought me a soda
He bought me a soda
He bought me a soda and tried to molest me in the parking lot
Yep, yep, yep, yep,

Pixies – Bone Machine

Yeah, that was my assumption as well. It made a certain kind of sense in my head as a fight between two rival houses fighting over family honor, Montagues vs. Capulets - except in this case, more of a Montagues vs. Montague-rip-offs conflict.

Don’t know if the reality makes more or less sense than my head-scenario…

1 Like

If it weren’t for a tenuous connection to famous people,this would not even be page then news let alone Boingboing worthy.

The one guy needs alcohol counseling if he needs booze so badly he tries elaborate ruses to get past the law.

Alternatively, why did a non-theft of under 2 pounds have to escalate to violence? Just send the surveillance video to authorities and let them decide if it’s worth pursuing.

If only…

I was confused because Zack Starkey had played drums with Oasis for some time. I thought maybe there was a falling out similar to @Shuck’s R&J narrative?

Privileged offspring, indeed.

2 Likes